Chapter 12: Our Last Goodbyes

It's the day of the funeral.

You'd expect it to rain on a sad day but the days just bright

You'd expect it to rain on a sad day but the days just bright. The sun is out and it's the same old golden color as always. We're at the church and just playing this piece on the violin is hard. Don't get me wrong this is the easiest piece to play but I have to keep my eyes shut or else I'll cry. My brother Tray is playing the piano because this is a duet.

All my family and friends came to either mourn or support us. I must say it's not comfortable to stand in these heels. The day is almost over and it almost time to bury the golden casket. It's my time to present a short speech then my brother after me. We both made our way over towards the stand. I grabbed the mic all the while squeezing my brother's hand for support.

" What would I be without you and your kindness. Your morals. Your love and support. Thank you daddy for being there for me whenever I fall down. Thank you daddy for all was believing in me. I know that your with mom right now and I know that if you were here you'll say stop crying but I can't stop. You were my rock. We would always do stuff together. You, mom, Tray and me. That was all I thought I needed but now that your gone. I'm so confused daddy. I miss you so much." I couldn't continue because I was on the ground crying. Hot tears rolling down my face. Tray began he's speech.

" Dad. Even though you weren't my biological dad you always said you were. Whenever I forgot to call you dad you'll slap my head and remind me that you actually cared about me. Days in the orphanage was nightmare but when you came and welcomed me into your household I was so overwhelmed. You introduced me to Titania, mom and mama. You taught me all the things a real man should know and taught me to respect people both young and old. I hope you'll see me now and say that's my boy and make sure to watch over your little girl like you always had. Bye dad."

Tray helped me stand up and we both made are way back to our seats. The funeral was now over and I'm watching as they buried the casket 6 ft underground. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I thought it was Leon but when I turned my head it was just Charlotte.

She was telling me to blow the traditional horn

She was telling me to blow the traditional horn. It's to signal the end of another life. I blew it and saw my dad standing next to my mom smiling and I know that Tray saw it too.

Bye dad. I'll see you again one day.

—————————————————

The funeral got me crying. DAMN!!

Thank you for reading.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Bye bye my gumdrops 😘😘😘