Chapter 10

Priest: Alyssa, do you take Kiefer here present, as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

Alyssa: Yes, I do.

Priest: Do you give yourself to him as his wife?

Alyssa: Yes, I do.

Priest: Kiefer, do you take Alyssa here present, as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

Kiefer: Yes, I do.

Priest: Do you give yourself to her as her husband?

Kiefer: Yes, I do.

Pagkatapos kinonfirm ni Father yong Marriage Bond nina Kiefer at Alyssa, tinawag niya yong Ring, Coin, and Bible bearers para sa blessing ng arrhae and wedding rings. After the blessing, bumalik yong mga bata sa upuan nila. Tumayo si Von sa tabi ni Kiefer, hawak yong mga wedding rings habang si Ella naman nasa tabi ni Alyssa, hawak yong arrhae.

Kinuha ni Father yong wedding rings kay Von tapos binigay niya kay Kiefer yong singsing ni Alyssa. Kiefer reached for Alyssa’s left hand and placed it next to her engagement ring.

Kiefer: Alyssa, I give you this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Binigay naman ni Father kay Alyssa yong para kay Kiefer. Kinuha ni Alyssa yong left hand ni Kiefer at isinuot sa kanya yong wedding ring.

Alyssa: Kiefer, I give you this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

After the exchange of rings, kinuha ni Father yong arrhae kay Ella and gave it to Kiefer to give to Alyssa.

Kiefer: Alyssa, I give you this arrhae as a pledge of my dedication to your welfare, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Alyssa: And I accept them.

Nagdasal pa si Father and said a few more words before finally announcing Kiefer and Alyssa married.

Priest: I now pronounce you, husband and wife. (tumingin kay Kiefer) Kiefer, you may now kiss your bride.

Kiefer and Alyssa faced each other. Iniangat ni Kiefer yong belo ni Alyssa and gave her a very big smile.

Kiefer: This is it. Akin ka na talaga.

Alyssa: Possessive lang?

Kiefer: Siyempre. Ano, ready ka na ba for later?

Namula si Alyssa nung na-gets niya ‘yong tinutukoy ni Kiefer. Papaluin sana niya ‘to pero nahawakan ni Kiefer ‘yong kamay niya.

Kiefer: I love you Mrs Ravena!

Alyssa: I love you too Mr Ravena!

Hinalikan muna ni Kiefer si Alyssa sa noo and smiled at her again before their lips met for their first kiss as husband and wife.

Priest: Ladies and gentlemen, let us give a warm round of applause for our newlyweds, Mr and Mrs Kiefer and Alyssa Ravena.

******

Araneta Coliseum Barker: Time out Ginebra Gin Kings!

Pagbalik na pagbalik ni Kiefer sa bench, tinawag niya si Thirdy na nakatayo sa gilid, malapit sa may exit.

Kiefer: Kamusta?

Thirdy: Wala pa, pero baka daw malapit na. Tinatanong nga ni Mommy kung hindi pa tayo pupunta dun.