7

Chapter Seven || Control

Peyton pulls into the parking lot by the lacrosse field and parks her fathers car

Peyton pulls into the parking lot by the lacrosse field and parks her fathers car. She turns it off and sits in her seat for a few minutes. She's tired. Peyton had to stay up with Khloe most of the night because she had eaten chocolate and gotten sick. She was very close to just taking her to Deaton or to the E.R. to get her stomach pumped, but around three Khloe finally started to feel better and went to sleep.

Peyton checks the time on her phone and notices she has a text from Brett.

Brett Talbot-
Hey, Lori isn't going to make it for training today, she's got study group, but i still have my half day.

Peyton rolls her eyes at his text.

"He's lucky, I have to spend eighty percent of my day at this hellhole." Then she starts texting him back.

Peyton LaMont-
Ok, I'll text you when I'm leaving.

She puts her phone in her pink zip ups pocket and opens her door to get out and go inside.

§§§

"Lydia's working on the last third of the Deadpool tonight." Liam says as he stops by Peyton's locker as she shoves stuff in it. In Economics Coach decided to read two chapters and have the homework due tomorrow, and in History she had a pop quiz, so she wasn't doing the greatest, but hopefully lunch would help with that, but she also knew she had to talk to Scott about how he killed him self temporarily to try and find out who the benefactor is and how he did not tell her anything about it, yet again.

"Yeah, I hope she can get it for us." Peyton replies.

"So you can figure out who your brother is?" Liam asks. Peyton nods and her ears perk up at the sound of someone; a girl specifically, saying Liam's name.

"He's creepy." The girl says to her friend. "He shows up halfway through the second semester, has anger issues and some beef with the hot guy from Devenford." The girl closes her locker and turns to her friend.

"Well at least he and LaMont have something in common. Total freak shows." Peyton looks over at Liam to see his eyes wide, and his fists clenched.

"Look, he's getting mad at her, do you think he's going to punch the locker?" When Peyton smelled Liam's chemosignals indicating he was sad, and upset, that was her last straw.

Peyton loudly slams her locker and turns around.

"Do you have something you want to say to me or are you going to continue your bitchy gossiping and judging of people you don't even know?" The girls chuckle while everyone else around them gets quiet, including the rest of the McCall pack down the hall.