[28] Trust Me

Victoria's P.O.V.

"Extrap... extra-pole-ate..."

"Extrapolate," Keegan corrected me as he absent-mindedly read his book.

"Extrapolate," I repeated.

It has been just under 2 weeks since Keegan had started teaching me how to read. Apparently, my progress has been going by quite quickly, although I haven't done any actual writing yet. But the words were getting more complex and I was starting to have some difficulty with it.

The sun had just disappeared over the horizon but the sky still had a bit of a glow. A few candles had been lit not too long ago, by one of the maids, just around the table and lounge chair that we sat at.

Once again, I was sitting on the floor as Keegan was leaning back on the couch with one foot up and resting on the edge of the table.

I recalled now, about an incident not too long ago, that when he had done such a thing on the furniture with Arianna around, she had started yelling at him, saying that he was going to damage the 'priceless furniture'. Not that I think he cared, but he had put his foot down nonetheless. I wasn't sure if he did it out of habit, out of spite, or because he just didn't care all that much for furniture but now as he sat back in his seat, he looked more than relaxed.

Every afternoon that we spent a few hours in his office, as I practiced my reading, he offered me the use of this very same couch. And every day I refused, no matter how sore my legs and lower spine felt after every lesson. He never took offense, but he also never learned that I would always say no.

Two hours has passed and I started to shift in my place. I hated to admit that the floor was quite uncomfortable. But I did not want to give in to the luxuries of a couch. Such things were too Human for me.

Never in my life have I ever simply sat on a couch with a Human without it being for some intimate reason or another. I fear now that if I were to accept, that I would be only able to think of how much I wish I could run my hands over the strong muscles in his shoulders and arms and graze my lips over the length of his sculpted chest...

Subconsciously throwing those thoughts from my head, I re-shifted my position and locked my eyes back onto my book.

All of the new and difficult words were becoming quite annoying. As I studied this next word, I lifted a leg up and propped the book up on my knee.

Reading in my head to myself I came upon yet another new word, "Extrapolate the.... Def-fish-en-cites?" No, that didn't sound right at all...

Starting to grow weary and restless with reading, I shifted my position again. Every day it was the same. "Read this to yourself and sound out the words you don't know and I'll help you with them. If you don't know what it means, ask." And for days I have been doing that. Each day they seem to get just that little bit harder.

But as he said practice makes perfect and blah blah blah...

Deciding to skip that word... and then the rest of the sentence. I found that my eyes started to wander to the left and up at my Master.

Lord Keegan Hunter.

The name alone isn't very frightening. Unlike the name Lucifer, whose name precedes him no matter who speaks of it.

Then there were his looks. Hell has warped the features of Lucifer, making even the vilest and morbid demons in the underworld fear his very name. But Keegan was something all together different.

Keegan had the face of an angel. A Pure one, that is. Golden yellow hair that looks like it was colored by the sun. A face and body that seemed to be sculpted by the Lord God himself and piercing eyes that seemed to enter your soul. And it was all a deceiving mask for what lay underneath it all.