Chapter 1

"Bethany! Wake up! It's 12:00 and you have a job to keep! Remember?" My mom said up from the artifact store. "IM UP!" I yelled half lying. I rolled off my bed and bumped my head on my art table. "FRICK! Great way to wake yourself up Beth." As I picked up myself I noticed that I dropped some paint brushes. I said to myself that I'd pick that up later.

I walked to my closet and picked out a 'Hatsune Miku" shirt that my uncle got me from Japan and put on some shorts. I put in my SkullCandy ear buds and pu to some rock n roll. I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a apple to eat. I went to the store, turned the open sign on and started polishing the mini Buddhas. As I was I heard the door open and two voices come in.

"Come on April! We need to get some stuff for are Social Study's project."

"I under stand! You said that like 5 times this morning."

I turn around and walk up to the girls. One had red hair and a yellow tee on with jean shorts on. "Hello," I said. "What can I help you with?"

The one with black hair asked me where the Chinese artifacts were and I pointed to shelf 3 and she ran. "YOU BRAKE IT YOU BUY IT!" I turned to her friend and said "she's a school nut. Isn't she?"

"You have no idea." The girl said. I put my hand out and introduced myself. She took my hand and said "my names April O'neal."

"That's weird. That name sounds familiar " I said as I scratched my head.

"Well I don't know a Bethany. Sorry."

Her friend had a basket filled with Chinese stuff and a broken Egyptian cup. I rolled my eyes and rung up her and her friend. As they left I said "come back soon!"

As I watched April tell her friend some thing and went to the left. The girl waved bye and go right. I felt like I had to follow April. I asked my mom if I could go get sub way and she said only if I take a pocket knife with for emergencies. So I went to the kitchen and got my purple knife and started following April.

I found April in an ally lifting up a manhole cover. That girl is strong!

She crawled down the hole and closed it behind her. I went to the manhole and tried to lift it but it was to heavy. I looked around and found a crowbar and pried the manhole open.

I heard foot steps walking down the tunnel and I walked as quietly as I could. As I walked down the tunnel I started to smell pizza. And boy did that smell good! I really did want some subway so I was already hungry.

Then I heard some voices and yells. What the heck is going on down there! I started to jog and I started to hear metal hit metal! Then I ran. I stopped when I saw some type of hide-out. My jaw dropped in aww... IT WAS INSANE!

Then I heard more yelling coming from another room.