Underground Organization

“Raise your arms please?” The man with glasses asked. I raised an eyebrow, looking over at Cash. The man chuckled, turning to the glasses kid. “Please excuse my friend. He isn’t used to our rules,” He said. The strange man introduced himself as Cash as he escorted me down into their office building. The office looked more like a morgue by the dark colored walls, and smell of death, along with the candles on the walls. Glasses huffed, rolling his eyes.

          Cash chuckled, nervously. “He’s new. Just do whatever he asks. It’s a safety precaution,” He said. I nodded slowly, eyeing the man with glasses. I did as he asked, still eyeing him quietly. He examined everything, making sure I wasn’t carrying anything in. I looked over to Cash, smirking slightly. “Who’d bring in anything here?” I asked, teasingly. The man rolled his eyes, motioning towards the man with glasses.

          “Andrew here is just supposed to make sure no one comes in with anything that could harm us. There are some people who don’t… agree with what we do.”

          “Is that so?”

          Cash nodded, turning towards Andrew. The younger man cleared his throat, straightening up and motioning us forward. “Sorry about that. The new guy is always quick to irritate people,” He sighed.  I chuckled, flashing a smirk towards Andrew. The younger man quickly looked away, clearing his throat. “There’s some kind of sickness going around our facilities,” Cash grunted, “Hopefully, we can solve this plague before everyone gets sick.” I raised an eyebrow.

          He looked at me, quickly chuckling nervously. “Not that it has anything to do with the plague. It’s probably just the flu,” He said. I rolled my eyes. Not that I cared either way. Cash took me towards the back of the long hallway, where two more men stood. One man eyed me, raising his eyebrows. It was obvious that he remembered me by the way he stared. I caught his gaze, my smirk turning into a frown. Who the hell is this guy? His stare was intense and grueling. There were several scars around his face, and his right eye was blind.

          Cash ignored the man’s gaze, approaching the two of them. “Will you excuse us? We’re here to see Mr. Wright,” He explained. The second man nodded, looking to the other one. The sneer on the second’s man face was humorous instead of terrifying like he intended it to be. He turned to Cash, sneering and grunting. “Why the hell is he here?” He demanded.

          Cash flinched, raising an eyebrow. The aggressiveness of his voice made me chuckle. “Got a problem with me, pal?” I asked with a smirk. The man stared at me, folding his arms across his chest. The man didn’t look the slightest bit familiar, but he insisted that he knew me. Ignoring my words, he turned to Cash again. “Answer my fuckin’ question, kid!” Cash flinched again, afraid of the strange man. The second man looked between the two of them, shaking his head. Apparently, this wasn’t the first time this had happened. The look on Cash’s face was close to terror.

          “H-H-He’s here to talk to the boss. W-W-We think we’ve found s-s-sight of h-h-….”

          “Spit it out, brat!”

          Cash flinched again, and took a step back. He wasn’t a small man, but compared to the other he was an ant. “He’s just here to talk to the boss about the woman, Roy,” He said, oddly calm. Roy nodded, turning back to me. I raised an eyebrow.

          What’s up with this fellow? He looks like you murdered his mother or something.

          “Do I know you?”

          The man shook his head, chuckling slightly. Cash sighed, looking over at the other man at the door. He shook his head, trying to further to conversation along. “We can’t keep the boss waiting, Roy,” He said. Roy shook his head, shoving the kid to the side. Roy started to smirk, fitting oddly on his strange face. Cash continued to push into the conversation.