Trusting is Important

Angel looked across the table at me with a raised eyebrow. I guessed my question would be too much, but she took it lightly than I’d expected it. The fragile looks of her face folded in thought as she stirred her tea. “Your curiosity is adorable,” She mumbled, “What was it you wanted to know again?” I chuckled softly, watching her hands shake a bit. She seemed nervous a bit as he eyes disconnected with mine. I’d never seen her actually nervous. This was our second… lunch together, and I’d yet to figure out anything about her.

          “I just asked if you could tell me anything about your…”

          “Oh, alright. I see.”

          She looked up, smiling softly. Her smiles became more beautiful the more I saw her. She was definitely getting to me. Every day she came around, it was way harder to look in her direction without wanting to be closer to her. “I’ll try my best. I don’t want to scare you away,” She mumbled. I shook my head, watching as she took soft sips of the warm too. She pulled on her long hair, twirling it with her small fingers. Angel was a bit cute when she was nervous. She sighed, setting her cup down and looking away at the sun that was falling.

          “I’m the only one in my family who’s alive. The rest of them died a hundred years ago. That’s another story for another day,” She began, “But my father was a very strong vampire as was my mother. Naturally, whenever I was born, I became the most powerful vampire. At least… where we were from. There are other vampires more powerful than I am, but they exist somewhere else.”

          Each word was harder than the last. But she spoke calmly, not looking in my direction until she finished. She knew I’d have more questions, but that was the part she found the most difficult for her to talk about. I didn’t blame her. Her blue eyes glanced over at me, and she quickly flashed a small smile. “Anyway… I’m happy to answer any other questions you have. I want you to trust me. Just know that some things are more difficult than others,” She said. I nodded, giving her a quick smile.

          Watching her start to trust me was reassuring enough. It took a lot to get her to even open up about herself entirely. The only thing I had gotten recently was her recent anger spells. Even that was tough for her to talk about. It seemed sometimes she didn’t like the person that she was. Sounded too familiar to talk about too much. Angel continued to stir her drink, her eyebrows twitching a bit. She was thinking about something a little too much. It seemed to bother her a lot. Which was why I didn’t try to push it for her.

          “We can talk about this later, Angel.”

          She lifted her head, smiling up at me sweetly. I stood up from the table, grabbing her hand and pulling her up as well. She followed me, not saying a word. Her hand felt soft and slender in my own, just like it had before. I’d decided to give her a chance, and with that I knew I was forgetting about the past. Sometimes people make ruthless decisions for their own desires. I know this first hand. How can I judge someone for doing the same things I have done?

          Angel pulled her body close to mine, the breeze blowing back her long blonde hair. She was a beautiful sight. Having her beside me had started to make me feel better. She let out a sigh, her blue eyes watching the sky. “Thanks for lunch again. I love when we do things like this,” She said. I smiled, squeezing her hand in a short reply. She squeezed back, lying her head on my shoulder. Something about her made it impossible for me to be without her. She made me feel happy even when I didn’t want to. It was stupid to let someone like her go, even if she was a creature that I wasn’t sure about.

          We arrived at my office, and I opened the door for her. She stepped in, taking off her coat almost immediately. “I’m not going to interrupt your work am I?” She asked, turning to face me. I chuckled, grabbing her waist and pulling her closer. She raised an eyebrow, giggling under her breath. “Who said anything about working?” She rolled her eyes, leaning up and kissing me. I kissed her back, running a hand through her hair. It definitely was strange and would take some getting used to. But she was all I had at the moment. She was all I really wanted.