She's a Beautiful Creature

I woke up to the sound of loud pounding beside my ear. It was soft at first, but grew louder and louder. I groaned, pushing off of the floor. Rubbing my throbbing forehead, I blinked until my vision was clear. There was a rustling sound, and a few small movements from something other than me. The rest of the room was quiet, except for the shuffle of paper and clothes. The sounds around me were louder from the horrid hangover. I hadn’t even drank that much the night before, but I felt as if I had four bottles.

          There was a soft chuckle that came from in front of me. My head hung to the floor, and when I heard the noise, I was almost afraid to lift my head. The tapping sound came from small feet that kicked against the side of my desk. When my eyes adjusted, I slowly followed the feet towards the face that it belonged to. The woman smirked, continuing to chuckle darkly.

          “Hey Darling. Long time no see.”

          Through my blurry vision, I couldn’t make out the woman’s face. I could see her light blonde hair, and the small curves of her body. She continued to tap her feet against the desk, which only made my headache worse. Groaning, I waited for my vision to lighten enough to see her face. It was strange enough to have a woman here, especially since I had locked the door. It didn’t hit me until my vision was clear. The woman smirked, folding her arms across her large chest.

          “You don’t remember me?” She teased, “I guess that’s a good thing.” She licked her lips, flashing the two long, sharp teeth. It all came back at once. That night, her face as she escaped out the window, and then the night before. She saw the sneer on my face, giggling like a child. “Well, it looks like you remember me now!” She said. I leapt towards her, but she jumped out of my grasp.

          Appearing behind me, she giggled again. Smirking devilishly, she ran a hand through her hair. “It’s so cute to see you angry. I’ve missed that angry face.” Walking closer, she turned her smirk into an innocent smile. Staring at her, I tried to watch her movements. They were slow now, but when I made movements towards her, they quickened. She was faster than I had even imagined.

          Giggling again, she reach a hand and touched my cheek. She felt cold, and I was too shocked to move. She licked her lips again, smirking wider. “You’re finally stunned by my beauty. Such a gorgeous, shocked face,” She purred. Chuckling, I shoved her off of me, grabbing the pistol from my desk drawer. The woman laughed, seeing the pistol in my hands.

          She grinned, finding humor in my actions. Faking a gasp, she leaned against the wall with a huff. “Not a gun! Oh, honey, I’ve only come to say hello! You’re going to kill me?” She said, dramatically. I stared at her, eyebrows furrowing. She laughed again, winking in a flirtatious manner. “I’m here for one second and you already wanna kill me? What a horrible turn of events,” She said.

          Pushing off the wall, she made her way towards me again. The weapons that Cash spoke about last night hadn’t arrived yet. The pistol I had wouldn’t kill her. Well, according to what they had said... it wouldn’t kill her. The way she acted was strange, though. Even if it were a gun that could kill her, she wouldn’t be acting like that. Unless, she knew that it wasn’t.

          But how could she know?

          “What’s wrong, sweetheart? You’re thinking way too hard. Should I help?” She teased. I snarled, shoving the gun into her chest. “Stay back.” The woman giggled, shaking her head. But she obeyed, stepping away until her back was against the wall. For a vampire, she didn’t seem to be too powerful. Cash and the others were worried about her being a strong vampire, but she was backing down too easy.