Don't Anger the Vampire

I decided against saying anything to Cash about yesterday. It would be stupid if I was planning on using my own Intel with Angel to make my own rules. I sighed, lifting the drink in my hands. The small diner wasn't the way it used to be. Not since I ran Rayna off. I never used to come here unless she invited me. I wasn't even sure what brought me here today.

          Guess you're missing her, huh?

          I shook my head, slowly sipping on the whiskey. It was pathetic to sit out here and think of her. It was my fault she was angry with me. Everything was my fault. There you go, being melodramatic. There's plenty of woman out there for you to do the same thing and they won't give a damn. The voice just never leaves. It gives me more reason to regret how I've been doing things.

          I sighed, rubbing my temple with my thumb. The headaches were getting worse. Sometimes I just wanted to bring a gun to my forehead and end all the pain. But that would be ridiculous. Pointing the gun at others doesn't sound so bad, does it? The smirk in its voice was taunting. I rolled my eyes. That's what I get for throwing away my sanity. A whole lot of time and not a single thought to myself.

          Get your sorry ass up and do something. I can't watch this anymore.

          I rolled my eyes, finished my whiskey and standing up from the table. "I ain't leaving for you either," I mumbled to myself. Walking out of the building, I saw Rayna standing on the other side of the street with some rand stranger. Rolling my eyes again, I turned around and walked the other direction. As childish as it seemed, I wasn't about to go anywhere near her while she was on business.

          Good idea. Who knows what's going on over there? Well, we all know...

          I sighed, blocking it from my mind. After seeing her, the only thing I wanted to do was go back to my office and stay there for the day. But Angel would show up there eventually. Seeing her would just make everything worse. Even though it was easier to have her close, it wasn't easy on me personally. If it were up to me... I'd have already killed her. Which of course, I can't do anyway without more information.

          Not used to being so patient, huh? The voice teased. I sighed, continuing to ignore it. Not knowing where else to go, I decided to stop by that bar again. Maybe a few drinks will flush away these damn problems of mine. It always had helped in the past anyway. Nothing like a crutch to get anything off your mind. But drinking isn't a crutch. It's a dead man's pass time.

          You should write a poetry book. You really should. Your shit is golden.

          I rolled my eyes, pushing open the doors to the bar. It was still mid-day, so none of the idiots were around yet. It gave me a good opportunity to get in and get out before things got too out of hand. Those young kids used to be me at one point. But even I grew up and decided against the crazy drinking. Instead, it was just a usual occurrence.

          I sighed, sitting down at the bar with a huff. "I really am a fuckin' mess," I mumbled. A soft chuckle came from in front of me. "Glad to see you've admitted to it," The bartender said with a wink. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled back. The quietness of the bar was relaxing in a way, but not enough to soothe my thoughts. That'd take lifetimes to cure.

          "Rough day?"

          "You could say that."

          The man chuckled, shaking his head. He set down a full glass in front of me, leaning against the bar. The lights above him made the wrinkles in his face more dominant. He looked so much older in the light, which made me lean back slightly. The man saw this, rolling his eyes. "Don't look at me like that. You're only five years younger than I am," He chuckled.