3. Unexpected

November going into December 1990

Cedric 'K-Ci' Hailey

Jojo and I were ready for this New York trip we had everything packed our clothes, nightwear, snacks, and some water the money that we had saved up wasn't much but it was gon last. We all came up to save up 300 dollars like I said, it wasn't much but it was gon last eventually. Devante was waiting on us since he had to pick up Alexandra since she wanted to go and get signed. We pull our luggage into the trunk as we were all headed to Alexandra's house. We got out of the car as Devante rang the doorbell a few moments later that is when Alexandra came to the door with tears in her eyes as we were worried.

"Aye, what's going on, why are you crying, Alex?" I questioned.

"Come inside." Alexandra managed to say.

So we all came inside as we saw Alyssa also crying.

"Aye, what happen? Where's your mom at?" Dalvin asked.

"She's in the hospital," Alexandra said.

"Is she okay?" Jojo asked.

"No," Alexandra said.

"We just found out that she has cancer." She added as she cried even harder.

My heart dropped when she said that, her mom is a good person you wouldn't think her mother was sick she looks so healthy. Devante hugged her as she never let him go as she cried into his chest. We all hugged Alyssa while she cried, this was so unexpected.

"Do you want us to drop you guys off at the hospital?" Devante asked.

"Yeah.. her car is already at the hospital she told me that she wasn't feeling too good so she took herself to the hospital that is when the doctor called," Alyssa said.

"Yeah, let's take them to the hospital," Dalvin said.