16. Soul Train Music Awards

March 10th, 1992

Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California

Alexandra 'H.E.R.' Crane

I was getting myself ready for the awards show that I am attending, and I am really nervous. The guys were in another suite as I had my own wishing my mother was here, I had Alyssa and Amerie here with me as they will be coming with me for support. I thought their parents would come but they didn't which sucks because if mama was still here she will be cheering them on like they were her sons (Laughs) times like this I wish she was still alive and beat cancer.

"You okay?" Alyssa questioned.

"Yeah, just thinking about mama... Wish she was here." I said giving her a weak smile.

"Mama is so proud of you right now she is in your heart don't forget that!" Alyssa said.

"Thanks, Alyssa, I really needed to hear that! Thanks for coming I know we don't see eye to eye in things just glad you're here." I said as she smiled.

"I love you," Alyssa said giving me a hug.

"I love you too," I said giving her a hug back.

"Aww, this is so sweet," Amerie said putting her hands on her chest as we laughed.

"You look so good Alex." She added.

"Thanks, the guys and I wanted to match so we chose the colors black with a Lil red," I told them

"That is cute," Alyssa said with a laugh.

"So when are you and Devante going to announce yall being a couple?" Amerie asked.

"I don't know," I said.