Chapter 16: There is trouble in paradise! part 3

Picking up the leftovers from the mystery man's actions was quite a painful task. Since the home base was vulnerable to attack, they had to take turns gathering food for them to eat whilst the other stayed on guard. Tanatswa insisted that he wanted to be the one to go out and pick fruits and vegetables whilst Shami did some cleaning up. Once he was back from gathering food, he helped her with organising and throwing away the wreckage. The two of them became engrossed in a discussion in between their chores.

"So since this asshole did this, he seems to be out for blood. How do you now feel about, well, reaching out to others out there?" she asked, as she moved her custom made furniture.

"Well, we can't assume that everyone else would be like this guy, but I won't lie, I seem to be less excited about looking for others now that the possibility of finding someone hostile is a reality." he said, nailing some of the wooden planks.

"Well, I guess we not only have to deal with the nature here but also crazy killers. We might as well get rid of our naivete and treat any stranger as a threat until proven otherwise," she said, removing dust from her carpets and interior, "I think we might need to also improve the security of this place, but fuck it, if there are people out there who have the same stats as us then my fortress is barely a hindrance to anyone who wants to trespass and leave a mess."

"We will figure out a way to solve that issue, after we are done. I think I will continue to test my ability and keep watch tonight. He might have an insane power, but I have come up with a plan to counter him." he said, nailing the last plank in.

"You have already come up with something?" she asked, almost astounded.

"Yeah, it's pretty simple. Depending on this guy's level of intelligence, his mana use might be well preserved or easily depleted. The stipulation was that mana use would last longer if you have higher intelligence. But regardless of that, I think he was at the Oakwood forest because he wanted the mana plants to replenish his mana." he said, now eating the fruits he got.from the jungle.

"So your plan is to make him use up his mana so that you can then face him one on one? Wait, what if he has a higher strength percentage?" she asked, worried about having to face him alone.

"Well, there is no way of telling to be quite honest, but my guess is that everyone in Goshem starts at the same level and works their way to the top. I don't know how hard he has been working to get stronger and where his affinities lie in terms of stat allocation, but I am willing to gamble on my skills." he said, confidently as he finished his meal.

"I think I can collaborate in a really helpful way. SInce I can now turn into a bird temporarily, I could scout for him and give you the heads up. As for the plan to grow these mana plants ourselves, it would be better if we were to first get this guy before we even think of doing anything else. Hopefully things won't turn out badly." she said, with a sharp tone.

"Yeah, get this guy, but, hmm, so we are just going to beat him up and then tie him down right?" he asked, showing certain signs of doubt.

"Yeah, tie him down, wait, I hope you are not planning on killing him? I mean, I fucken hate the guy and he wants to hurt us, but I don't think murder is the ideal solution." she said, looking at Tanatswa with much concern.

"What if it ends with me having to kill him? I mean, he probably sees us as just experience points to make gains, to level up. Since the global objective of this place is to level up, then he probably won't have any reservations, and who knows what will happen when we die here. I died once and ended up here and for me to die twice, well, is there a life after Goshem?"