Chapter 8: You were always a noob, get Good! part 2

The two of them sat down beside each other on a stack of hay that was tied together with the use of large vines and began to discuss. It was now time to unravel and share things that they had discovered over the course of their existence in Goshem and who knows, maybe they would experience a complete paradigm shift after their lengthy exchange.

"So I think we should map out how we got here first and question whatever peculiar things we think are worth mentioning." he said, setting the tone for their dialogue.

"Well I think everything here is worth mentioning so... I died after going to some euthanasia facility in Pretoria after getting a suggestion from a member of the rehabilitation centre I was attending. If you were wondering what kind of rehabilitation centre it was, just know it was for people dealing with chronic depression, and not drug addiction. If I had killed myself over drugs then that would be stupid. Anyways, I went through the damn thing because I was really depressed. My relationship failed and some bitch that I trusted ruined my reputation by exposing secrets I trusted her with. So life became unbearable and then I decided to end it all. I thought when you died you would cease to exist since I wasn't raised in a religious environment, but to think that I would end up here, is just fucken madness." said Shami who seemed shaken but was slowly getting her nerve back.

"Wow, well that sounds pretty sad, like, I guess relationships can have that effect on you, hmm. Well it seems like what we have in common is the place we chose to kill ourselves..." he said before being interjected.

"Hey don't speed over to that stuff just yet, I literally shared something embarrassing and the reason why I decided to kill myself. Just tell me why you did it. I mean, I think I would want to know that as a fellow human being who took their life." she said, grabbing his shoulder and making him face her attentively.

"Well,okay, I guess I almost glossed over those details, well I don't know if my reasons will hold up to scrutiny, but yeah, I decided to kill myself because I felt like the world was rigged against me and everything I tried to do or pursue would always fall short. Like it was a case of bad luck or some family curse if you want to get all superstitious, but I think for now, I will just say that in a world that I could not be number 1 or gain even miniscule progress, dying seemed like the only thing that made sense." he said, only becoming self conscious towards the end of his words. This very scenario between two people who commited suicide and ended up in Goshem was just baffling to him and he had no point of reference that he could use to behave appropriately. This situation felt rather bleak, so before a lengthy uncomfortable silence could creep in, Tanatswa continued to talk.

"So basically you ended up at a euthanasia facility before you died just like me, so I don't know if we could consider that a connection or maybe it's just a coincidence, but I am pretty sure there are people out there who would rather pussy out of the pain of different methods of suicide. I mean, I did." he said, poignantly

"Did you like, try cutting yourself?" she asked, almost stifled by the possibility of asking such a sensitive question.

"No, I tried hanging myself. The shit hurt a lot so I ended up not pulling through with the whole process. Well anyways, we have established that we both died in our past lives so we can say that we are in the afterlife."

"Wait a minute, let's not conclude just yet. I mean if this is the afterlife as you believe, why would our bodies have to be augmented to feel like we interface like video game characters. Some of the things we have seem deliberate, like it was made by a team of scientists or something. Like you also have stats and xp right?" she said, showing more animation as if she had a lot to counter his points.