Chapter 6 "Chain of Events"

The following evening, at the Grimsdale Police Station, Kimberly and Dean met up with Jada who was just leaving the building.

"Are you ok?" asked Kimberly. Jada then looked at her and replied,

"They think I had a reason to kill Zach. I mean he cheated on me, but there is no reason why I'd find myself to kill him"

"Um guys, look what the cat dragged in," said Dean as she pointed to two males walking their direction.

"Delroy? What're you doing here?" asked Kimberly in surprise.

Delroy who has blond hair and a good physique replied,"I was hoping we could talk".

Kimberly in disappointment started walking away and Jada followed her, along with Dean. In his office, Detective Jacobs looked as they walked away from the station.

"Sir, we've got another mutilation," said Deputy Hanks as he handed Detective Jacobs a file with pictures of Sara's body.

"What is going on in this town?" he asked himself.
---------------------------*-------------------------
Meanwhile at a local diner, Kimberly was explaining to Jada and Dean about the phone.

"You think that this phone is causing the deaths?" asked Jada.

"I mean, I have no other theory. It only uploads 8 contacts, and two were erased and I haven't touched anything on this phone. This is getting too strange," replied Kimberly.

Dean took the phone from Kimberly and said," Why don't you ask Madam Piers? Since something supernatural is happening?"

"Madam Piers? The psychic? Kimberly, there's nothing wrong with the phone," said Jada.

Dean then looked at the contact list and saw that Samuel's name was being erased and typed again. He said," Is this normal?" as he showed the girls the phone.

"We've got to get to the steel factory. That's where he works after school," said Kimberly as she exited the diner, followed by Jada and Dean. Next thing, they saw light wires giving off sparks, motor vehicles almost crashing into each other and dogs acting like they've seen a ghost.

"Hey guys!" shouted David Martin, Delroy's cousin who frightened them.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" shouted Jada in reply.

"Sorry, by any chance did you see Delroy passing by?" he asked as he noticed the sky going black.

"I didn't know we're in the rainy season," said Dean.

"The rainy season doesn't start until tomorrow," said Kimberly as she looked around her and saw that her phone was glitching with a message that said
                "YOU'RE NEXT!"
Kimberly then turned to the others and said," Come on! We've got to warn Samuel!". They all got in Jada's car and drove towards the steel factory.

"What! Kimberly, you're a grade A student, and you're telling me about a ghost in your phone," said Samuel in disbelief.

"You've gotta believe me, something is wrong with this phone and I'm sure something will happen to you!" shouted Kimberly. Samuel came to a machine and saw that the time was almost 4:00pm.

"Look guys, I appreciate you trying to warn me and all but I control my life and not a ghost will take it from me," said Samuel as he heard a voice coming from the machine.

"Come on, we're done talking," said Kimberly as Samuel looked inside the grinding machine. He saw two eyes looked at him as the ghost held him and pulled him inside the grinding machine.

"HELP! HELP!" shouted Samuel as the ghost pulled him fully inside the machine. Some maintenance workers came to assist him and stopped the machine. Kimberly, Jada, Dean and David came to the scene as they saw a horrific scene: Samuel's body was being pulled out of the machine, which was crushed. Jada then screamed in ensuing fear.

Later, the police and forensics were doing research on the body and couldn't conclude how Samuel died. Detective Jacobs came to the teenagers.

"This is getting out of hand. I want you students to go home and get some rest. We'll give you more update in the morning," he said.
As Kimberly went away, a message popped up again saying "ONE CONTACT DELETED". Kimberly put her phone in her bag and left the factory as she walked past Samuel's body, who's head was squashed: