Chapter 13 "Race Against Time"

"We've got to distract her. Kimberly, I need you to do something for me," said Delroy.

"Don't give me that look," said Kimberly, as Diana searched through the graveyard for them.

"You have to get back to the house and destroy the phone. It's the only way we're gonna outsmart this demon," said Delroy. Kimberly looked at him in fear and asked,

"Will it make a difference? I mean, what if we fail?"

"Then at least we die trying," said Delroy as he kissed her. "Now go," he said again. Kimberly moved away from her location and ran towards the house. Delroy got up and provided a distraction, which involved teasing the ghost.

Kimberly ran through bushes until she finally reached the house and hid behind a sofa. Diana, who was fed up of Delroy's teasing, screeched at him, causing him to fall to the ground. He was then unconscious.
-------------------------*---------------------------
Kimberly tried to call for help, but got no response. She heard the floor creaking as Diana was approaching the living room. Kimberly slowly peeked at the sight of the malevolent ghost and saw that the door leading upstairs was open. "A run for it" she thought. Diana was approaching the sofa.

"Now or never," whispered Kimberly. She got up and ran towards the door. Diana screeched and threw a coffee table at her. Kimberly dodged the table and ran upstairs towards. Diana slowly followed her up the stairs. Kimberly came towards a window and saw that it was raining.

"I'm trapped," she said in anguish. She then heard scraping as Diana scraped the walls with her long fingers. She then used a broom and broke the window