Chapter 7 "The New Theory"

Kimberly was combing her hair, when a message from Delroy popped up on the screen.

"Cam we meet up tonight at Vicky's Bar?" the message read. Kimberly at first didn't want to reply to the message, but then she replied yes and left the house. Outside, across the street, a black car with Detective Jacobs inside it, was there.
----------------------------*-----------------------
At Vicky's Bar, Delroy was awaiting for Kimberly's arrival. She then arrived and sat down.

"I hope you're alright?" he asked her.

"Alright? You left town without as much as a goodbye," replied Kimberly. Delroy looked outside and then looked back at her.

"I wanted to tell you goodbye, but I was called that same night to leave and I couldn't give it up. I had no choice," he explained.

"Yeah, we all have choices. If it was even when you arrived, you could've sent a text. But nothing? Come on that's no excuse," said Kimberly. Delroy took out a box out of his pocket and gave it to Kimberly, who opened it and saw a watch.

"You think this will make you accept your apology?" she asked. Delroy smiled and said,

"I don't expect you to". He then took the watch and put it on her hand.

Meanwhile, Dean was looking at his computer researching about paranormal events about phones

Meanwhile, Dean was looking at his computer researching about paranormal events about phones. He found an article about one case involving a girl named Redwood (first-name not mentioned in the article) who was strangled to death by her father, involving a Maven X900. He was shocked at the sight and called Kimberly.

"Hello, oh hi Dean," she answered.

I think you need to come over here. I may have a theory," replied Dean over the phone. Kimberly got up and Delroy asked,

"Is everything alright?". Kimberly then explained the situation to him and they both left the bar in a hurry.
-----------------------------*----------------------
At Dean's house, Dean was telling them his theory.

"So, since we have three deaths and all of them are connected to the phone, what if there is a malevolent spirit that's using your contact list to target us? It would explain why your phone is always acting strange especially when it comes to someone in the list that's going to die," he explained.

"Come on a malevolent spirit? Really? You're telling me that some ghost is after us?" asked Delroy in disbelief.

"Come on Mr. Einstein. How else would you explain it?" asked Dean. Kimberly looked at the phone and said,

"So who can we talk to?". Dean looked at the computer and showed them an image of Madam Piers and her "Magical Talk".

"You have got to be kidding me," said Delroy as he laughed. Dean shrugged and replied,

"We have no other option. We go to the police, they'll think we're crazy". Kimberly looked at the phone and said,

"Delroy, call David. I'll get Jada. We're going to see Madam Piers tonight"...