Chapter 3: New Instructor

I was woken abruptly by the brilliant light in my room and of course the stupid alarm. This room always plotted against me having my sleep. It was brightly lit like I was standing in the sun. I got up and prepared myself for a long day.

I went towards academic buildings. I got to my class and saw both Chris and Jim. The class was about Morphing. I knew that stuff already. When it was time for the working part, I moved towards the back of the class where some of my classmates were gossiping.

"Hey, Lexie. Already started practicing?" I said eyeing her empty table.She was tall and terrifying sometimes.She had her black hair in a pony tail and her blue eyes were angry.Something had irked her.

"You know me. I love studying."
She cackled wildly. Smiling, I dropped all of my stuff on the next table and started reading our paper.

"Hey. Heard you had your Initiation test. How did it go? How did it go? Did Quiet guy come with you?"

"First-his name is Chris and he is no way, quiet guy. He likes talking less in public and also happens to be my best friend. And he is over there in the front."

"Whatever. Give me the details."

"Sorry. Can't speak about it. No details are allowed to be known. You know the drill."

"Aw, man. I thought you would tell me."

"She would tell if you had not grilled her the moment you found her alone."

I turned towards the speaker. Lucas was here too.He was one of my close friends like Lexie.He was tall,very tall and was dressed good for the first day of our classes.His brown eyes were bright and he had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.Great. The class would be interesting with his antics and Lexie's animosity with him.

"You would tell us, right?"

"Nope. Can't do."

"Didn't hurt to ask again."
He told Lexie who was angry, apparently at him.

Those two always fought about something and I was always keeping the peace. We started working on changing colors and visualizing the required color in different order. I got it in my third try-turning blue crayon green. Lexie was still working on hers while Lucas was pulling his hair out tossing crayons everywhere. His hair was now messy.Only Chris had managed to do this on his first try and he was sitting, reading other notes.

"You know, you should stop stressing yourself and work calm. It could work," I told Lucas after seeing him failing again.

"Fine." Now Lexie was observing his work as she had completed hers. Lucas seemed to get the hang of it after he had worked on it again after a few times. I then started observing people in the class. There were seniors too-many I did not know. Not much time to know who they were anyway.
The class was done for today, and we had specialization classes now.

I nudged Lexie, "What are you specializing in?" We were walking in the hallway.

"Plants. Herbs and other stuff. Its new and kind of in premature stage." She said pointing towards the garden. It was beautiful. The plants were in a pattern and the flowers were blooming.

"Ah. The new departments. Good luck."

"Guess what's mine."

"You would tell us anyway." Lexie scowled at Lucas.

"Ah. Why so bitter Alexandra? I'm going to be working on Magic stones."

"Says the boy who is troubled while changing colors."

Lucas turned red. "Hey, you should not talk like that?"

"Why? It's the truth anyway."

"Guys. Let's not fight. Come on. Let's eat." I dragged them towards the cafeteria. We took our trays and found a table near the exit. I spotted Chris and waved him over.