Chapter 13:The Deceptor Projection

Things were sketchy.All of the events regarding the Memory Stone were sketchy.The stone was implanted to trap us.But by whom and why?These questions needed answering.And I had no idea how.I was unable to sleep or concentrate much on anything for the next few days.The person stalking
us was also quiet,very quiet.There was no movement from him too.

I was sitting in the library doing a research on tracking magic.It would be helpful when we found out our stalker.So far,all I saw was "tracking a known person".What would I do if I had to track a person who was unknown to me?That was the point here.I could easily use magic signature and track a person if I knew who was that person.Or I could just follow.

The visit to the library was turning to be pretty useless, and I still did not go within a ten-mile radius of the Archives.It could certainly solve some of my problems.I was about to close the book when something caught my eye on the demo page.Or rather it was my image looking at me.Something was unusual.Ah,I had different eye color.Instead of Brown,I had green eyes.I looked at the description on the next page.

The Deceptor Projection

This is used to change appearance of objects.The deception can be about anything.It is hard to implement because only one part can be changed at a time but not everything so as to not cause a distortion in appearance.The illustration shows eye color change of a person.To project this, concentrate hard on visualisation and then project your magic.This can be extended to complete change in appearance.

Wow.That was good.It was similar to changing colours which we learned in our class.But the thing in this Deceptor spell was kind of temporary.The receptor can restore the previous version, and that's why it was awesome.It can be used directly and also indirectly. I just had to take this book.This book was awesome.But I did not have a Library card.Figures.When I really want to borrow a book, I can't take it.But I knew someone who had Library card.I just had to convince him to borrow the book and give it to me.

I had to show him a demo about the book.

"So what does this mirror do?"Chris asked.

"Look in it."

He was holding a compact mirror I had bought and then used the Deceptor Projection.He was looking at the other side of the mirror.His expression changed when he noticed the projection.

"You changed my hair color to blonde from light brown.It's amazing.What did you do?"

"Um, you are being mistaken.Your hair color did not change.Its only the mirror.I mean this is something different.I change the way you see."

"Oh.You mean my hair color did not change.Good.So what's this projection?"

"It's in this book.Will you borrow it for Me?"

"Now I understand.You wanted the book."

And then he started laughing hysterically.

"You should have taken the subscription for Library card."

"Why?I don't read many books.Like you.I don't need a card.I can read your books without any problem."

"Do you even know what the name of the book is?"

"I do.Its "Best kind of Projections" and it is in the last aisle."

"You went to the last aisle.What were you searching so desperately?"

"I was seeing about Tracking Projections."

"Oh.So did you find anything?"

"Yeah.I found the Deceptor Projection."

"Okay.Lets go then."

We searched the entire aisle, and we did not find the book.The first time I wanted to read a book about projections, I ended up losing it.

"You know, we can find who took the book and then you can take it next."
"Really?"
"Better late than never."

Mrs Wilkins, the librarian was reading something.She smiled when she saw us.

"Hey Mrs Wilkins.Did someone take the book "Best Kind Of Projections" today?"

"No one took a book in the last three days.It must be there where you left it.Let me check it."

She was gone for 5 minutes.She was in her late fifties and was scary when she wanted to be.She returned angrily.

"The book is nowhere to be seen.Are you sure about the book?Did you read some other book?"

"Yeah.I'm sure."

"Well, the book might be stolen or something else happened.I'll tell you if I find something."

Why did this happen?I loved that book.It was gone in 15 minutes.I could not believe this.

"Did you see the book title correctly?"Chris asked me when we were walking out from the library.

"I did.Don't you believe Me?"I asked indignantly.

"I do.I mean if no one took it then did the book disappear.I mean that the book could be playing tricks on us."

"That could happen?"

"We can never tell."

"That is freakier than having the book stolen."

"Stranger things have happened.Like literally everything."

"I don't like your example, Chris."
"Well, we will find it out.Someday."
"Yeah."

I was just roaming the corridors thinking about everything going on in my life.Like the book, the stone, the Archives, the note.It was like a series of unfortunate events.I reached my room and sat on the window seat.The sunset was beautiful.I just sat there for a while then got up because the room decided to change and hurt my eyes.

Well, it brought my eyes to something.There was a book on the table.I just wished it was not something I thought.

And there it was.

Best Kind Of Projections

Someone was playing a twisted joke on me.I did not know what to do.And there was a note.What was with people leaving me notes?

Figured you could use this

I could have used it if it had the book givers name.Now I would have to return the book.And then take it again.Then worry about this person.This was turning into a downward spiral of endless questions.Who was plotting and going to these lengths to give me that book?I could have taken without any problem in the Library.

What do you want from Me?

Author's note:
Hey everyone!Thanks for reading :)
If you like it,please consider voting or leaving a comment.