Chapter 14:The Deceptive Book

I sat on the chair in my room and pretended to think. That book was in front of me, and I was staring at it for a really long time.That book presented a sole statement, and that was that someone was watching me.Who could stalk me in a Library of all places?Then, again there was the note.It was the third one in the past few days.And so far, the most suspicious one.

I got up and moved around.This was making my head hurt.All thinking and scrutinizing was no help.I returned and saw the book again.Whatever magic that book had, it had to be negated.I needed to create a magical barrier around the book.It would keep its magic inside and not affect anything.The barrier would require intense focus and some blocking projection.

I focused all my energy on the book and imagined an invisible magical protection.Now I needed to test that.If my magic bounced off the layer then nothing could come outside the layer.

I produced a stream of force applying particle magic and tested it.I got a resistance.It was nice.Then I threw a paper ball at it.It bounced off.Now it was full proof.No one could it or use projection magic on it.It would be of help now.

I ate dinner in my room because my parents had a formal event to attend.And I had not gone to those events yet. I ate without any additional stress because well, I would definitely stress hundred fold later.It was a better plan in my opinion.

The book presented me two options.I could open it now and face it's remnant magic or I could open it later.Anyway, all its magic would get neutralized by my projection in 3 hours.I decided the latter and started writing all the assignments I had in my later pile.

The next morning I woke up to the realization that I slept within the same room as the book and I was not injured or harmed. It was quite good actually. The book was the same with no visual changes so far.It meant that it wasn't tampered with.If that was the case, there would be some magical residue.I picked it up and noticed it's cover.Again it was the same.At least I had the day off.I could research about the book, and it's contents.

I thought this was a fool proof plan and Chris seemed to think otherwise because he was silent yelling.

"How could you not tell me?"

I decided to keep quiet and let him rant.

"I mean if it had some bad magic, you could have got seriously hurt.Why did you not tell me?You could have messaged me or something else."

He was getting agitated fast.

"Because I tested it and I sealed it.
Nothing can escape from the seal.You know that fact.It would not be harmful then.And if it had some kind of bad magic,I would have known instantly.I can feel those things."

"Someone can easily fool you. You cannot know anything for sure."

"Even then, I blocked the book's energy. Don't worry about me.I'm fine."

"But still.I can't stop thinking what would have happened if the reverse thing was true."

"In my defense,you told me about the note six hours later.Im telling you 10 hours later.Its not big difference."

"Yeah but..."

"I know where you are coming from, but I'm fine.Don't worry."

"What?"

"I said "I'm fine".I think."

"The other part?"

"Oh.That.I know that you don't want to lose anyone."

"What do you mean?"

"Really Chris.I know you miss her.We all do.Then I know how you felt when Carl left.I know."

"We are not talking about that right now.Just tell me next time.I wouldn't want to know from someone that something happened to you."
If he did not want to talk,I wouldn't press the matter.He would talk when he wanted to talk.I could wait till then.

"Yeah.Well,you would be with me and you would also get hurt if something happened."

"Yeah.So where's that book you were so stoked about?"

I removed it from my backpack and placed it before him.We were in the garden.If I took that to the library, I would have another thing to deal with.

And then the best thing happened.The book did not open when he tried to open it.It opened when I flipped the cover.That seemed odd.But if we made a list of all odd things,this wouldn't be on the top.

"It's blank!"Chris exclaimed.

Now I was shocked.

"Can't you see "The Looking Spell" ?"

"You are seeing something.This book is
breaking my expectations."

"How could you not see all these?"I said turning the pages.

"Let's see if someone else can see this."

It was early and everyone would probably be resting.We did not find anybody to test our book theory.But we did find Lucas on his morning run.

"Hey guys."

"Lucas ,help us. How is this book?"

He looked confused.

"Is this some trick question?"

"Just tell us how this book is?"I said.

"Okay.It is white and blank.Why?Do you want to make it a journal?"

There we had the answer.

"No.We just found this book and had an argument about its color.Thanks Lucas."

"Thanks for stopping Lucas.Go on."He jogged away.

"Wow.I feel like the coolest person ever.Only I can see what's written in this book.Wow."

"You must have activated something when you read it last.Or all the magic changed something within the book."

"Just admit that this is cool."

"Fine.It is.You know what that reminds me.You would have to write everything Then I can read it."

"Oh no.I did not realise that."

"Start writing then."

I spent 45 minutes writing the entire chapter and also the drawings.At this rate I could never complete the book. It had detailed intricate drawings too.I was stuck writing and Chris was reading a comic.Well atleast I was done writing the Deceptor Projection.

I gave him the papers and he read those.
"If you think about it,this is a kind of Deceptor Projection.I mean,you see this and I don't.Its some sort of selective deception.See if you find something about this in the later chapters."
And there it was in the third chapter.And the name was completely funny.Deceptive Deception.

It was about projection involving only projecting some part of the view to somebody that no one else could see.

Author's note:
Hey everyone.Thank you all for the 1000 views.This could happen because of you all.Thank you very much.
If you like this chapter,consider leaving a comment or voting. :)