Chapter 4: The Transport

The next day, I found myself late to the class and also tired. I sat at the back wondering why I did not hear the alarm when I saw Lexie furiously scribbling in her book. I wrote a note and projected it in her book. Anything she would write would appear in my book instantly.

Don't freak out. But what are you writing?
I am working on ideas for my project.
What project?
Specialization class.
What ideas have you got?
Apparently, plants react to magically charmed objects like crystals and stones. So I am working on that.
You should keep it down. You are not exactly hiding it.

If I noticed this in my dazed state, I would be sure professor would also notice.

Ladies. I want you working on changing objects not passing messages back and forth. Next time you will be serving detention.

He did notice then. We were busted. Nodding, we set up our table. Who knew Professor Hemmy could spot us passing notes? Anyway, I concentrated on changing a pen to a sheet. This was easy. I needed to think of it and try to change the projection of the pen. If I concentrated right, it would be done. So after a few attempts, there was a multicolor sheet. I still had to write a report about it. It could wait. I sat unfocussed till the class ended. Listening to the changing mechanism in the class would make anyone go to sleep.

I was really looking forward to eating something. And I found that we had our classes suspended due to some unforeseen circumstances as the notification circulator stated.
Whew. It was good. Time to rest. I picked up some sandwiches to keep me occupied and got settled in my room. It was nice to read something which I did not have to write as a report. And also, it was hard to believe I was exhausted after one day of my specialization classes. I read for some time, played music, ate, watched a movie and was having time of my life when someone knocked on my door.

"What's up, Chris?"

He was, like, in few words, mission ready. Black jacket with a backpack, a cap and with a serious look.

"Wanna come with me? Dad wants me to check up on the new construction site."

"What are they constructing?"

"Roads.Buildings.Who knows?"

"Do you even know where it is? And why are you going? And who gave me permission to go? "

"First, I have the address. Second, he is kinda busy at the moment and I often check on his work. Third, I don't think you need permission to go anywhere.
You never ask." He said shaking his head.

"Fair enough. Should I expect rain on the way?"

"I think you can expect a lot of rain. Get warm clothes."

"Then why are we leaving now? Wouldn't it be harmful?"

"It is urgent, I guess. He told me to get it as fast as possible."

"I will meet you in the yard in ten."

I got dressed quickly and found him looking at the paintings in the art room.

"Hey, ready to go?"He turned around.

"Yeah."

"You got a car? And what's the name of the place we are visiting?"