Chapter 21:The Energy Projection

I always thought Peace was the answer, and peace was worth a fight.Now I truly understood how hard it was to fight.It was one thing knowing and other thing achieving.I stood before Savir trying to not show my doubts and weakness.I could pull it off effectively.He was no Mind Reader.But Chris was.He could easily know my feelings because of how scared I was not because of his magic.I wasn't good at my magic and also physical fight.But I finally decided to give it my all considering it was my only chance if getting out alive.Savir was not a person who would listen to reasoning.If it was true,his friends would have convinced him long ago.He was someone who thought he knew the best.And also someone who didn't like meddling people.He orchestrated an elaborate performance to trap us and obviously brainwash me or whatever he planned on doing.

He looked bored.Savir looked bored, and I did not know why.I looked at Chris and he was already watched Savir like a hawk.Before I could turn back,Chris whispered.

"On your guard,Aria.NOW!"

Savir snapped his fingers.

The room was illuminated by a blinding flash, and I closed my eyes.When I opened them,we were surrounded by ten people.They were those who ambushed us in the Forest of Illusions.Now I knew why they disappeared.They were a test.If we were easy to capture,it would be a jackpot.If we warded them off,he knew what was to be expected in the next fight.It was a clever strategy, but he did not anticipate our intense training.Or rather Chris's training.I knew how to be on defence.It was proving enough.

I sidestepped every time and used my magic to blast them off and put them out of commission.It was not hard to use defensive magic for me.I did not rely on my fighting skills.So the combination of both was good enough for me.
Savir was standing in the back like an amused spectator.He did not join us.He seemed quite happy watching us.Again he snapped his fingers and all of them vanished.They couldn't be real persons but some kind of apparition.

"Are they some kind of apparition or spectres?"

"You can say that.But Princess,you amuse me.Why do you rely on magic?This much?Do you think I wanted a show of your power?I already know that when I see you not squinting in The Reverse Projection.Why did you think I called them?"

And just like that,he vanished.He liked playing games with me.
That last question was bugging me.Why make us fight?But other things came first.

"What did you two talk before I came back?"

"Nothing.He was just taunting me by allowing me to read his mind.I know I never say this,but I hate that guy."

"Same here.And he again left me a puzzle."

He looked at me.

"You think it's a puzzle.We acted without thinking,don't you think?"

"What do you mean?Without thinking?"

"Why did we fight Now?Why?"

"Because he wanted to see how we did?"I answered more like a question.

"Yeah.But why?"

"Because he wanted to waste our energy."

"There you go."

"What?What do you mean?"

"He wanted us to use our magic.That's why he has traps here.Like that Reverse Projection.He wants is to get drained.We were drained already.So we have a resistance against it, and we won't get drained easily.That's why many traps.We have to plan now."

"Energy.Why did I have to get so cocky about my magic fighting ability.I could have just fought.Now I am mere steps away from getting drained."

"Well.Its my mistake too.I told you to get ready, but I didn't tell from what.He purposely let this information slip so I can warn you.I am beginning to think he is manipulating us by using my Mind Reading skills against us."

"He is so clever.I mean,he is using our strengths against us.Strengths are supposed to make us win not lose."

"He is turning the tables against us.He had eternity to plan this.And we didn't.I suppose we have because I don't know how time works here."

"Can't we just Transport and vanish like he did just now."

"I'd like to see you try."

Ten minutes later,I had my answer.No matter how much I concentrated I was blocked by the room.I couldn't go outside the room let alone going to my world.
"You were right,like always."

It deflated my ego to admit this.I was at my wit's end.I sat beside Chris on the floor.The room had an eerie sense of lighting.

"What are we going to do?We have nothing to eat."

"Actually,I had grabbed something before we left.It could help us for a day at least."

He had brought sandwiches.And I was quite happy because of his insistence of bringing food whenever he visited any place.It definitely helped in hostage situations.

We ate quickly, and that reminded me of something.

I opened my backpack and searched for the water bottle.

"Why did Lexie give you those leaves?"
"We decided to work on some plants of hers.She gave me this.This is for some energy projection.If only I knew how to project it.What am I supposed to do with these leaves?"

"Give me the bottle."

I handed him the water bottle.He raised it to his eyes, so he could see the leaves.He scrutinised the leaves by rotating the bottle for at least five minutes.

"Did you think of anything?"

"We can't obviously eat them directly.It would be poisonous.There must be some other way they work.Like some plants have leaves which are crushed and the juice is then used.I don't think we have to drink juice from these leaves.And it mainly depends on the type of projections."

"No one knows about them.Wait.Let me check with my book.I think it would help in this case."

I dug out Best Kind Of Projections which gave me an idea.The book only responded to me and I could only see it's contents.The diary was also same and it was foolish of me to take it.I found Plants for Projections.

Some leaves are heated before extracting essence.In case of emergency,it is mandatory that leaves must not be exposed to much light.The effects cannot be reversed then.But leaves which are used for consumption have to be undisturbed before usage.They are to be cooled and then heated.If it cannot be done,dip leaves in water for five to ten minutes and use them.

"The only thing I understood is that we have to wash these leaves in water and eat them."

"I think we have to wash and heat them.Because this projection is for energy and It wouldn't work if we only wash them.Also heating would be hard after washing.Be ready to heat them."
We waited ten minutes just to be sure.Ten minutes here wouldn't mean anything in our world right now.I decided to not dwell on that part.When the time was up,I used magic to heat those leaves.It wasn't scorching but the temperature raised a little.I could see the effects of my magic.The color changed from green to red and settled on blue.

It was time to check if the Energy Projection magic worked.

Author's note:
Hey everyone! :) :) :)
Thank you very much for reading!If you like this,please consider leaving a comment and voting.Tell me what you think!!!
This is for DanmeiAllTheWay ,a cute ball of energy.You are awesome:)