Epilogue:Part-I

I felt someone near me before I opened my eyes.The bright light made me instantly close my eyes.And then something came to my mind in full rush.A large beautiful building.We were hostages.And my best friend.

I turned my head sideways which was more challenging than anything I had endured for the past few days which wouldn't constitute few hours in this time and my world.There was Carl asleep on his chair with a frown on his face.I felt so happy seeing him.He must have sensed my feelings because the next moment he woke up.

"I am not dreaming.Welcome back,little. Brother.You scared me."
There were tears in his eyes.

"Aria.How is she?"I tried to sit but I couldn't.I had to know how she was.If we were back,it would be because she did something.I prayed she wasn't hurt.It was my mistake.I didn't help her there.She was stuck, and I was of no help other than being a frozen ice sculpture.And the most terrifying part,getting knocked out.She needed help.I was a liability to her.

"Before you board on a train for you guilt trip,let me tell You,she is in some kind of magically induced coma.The doctors are with her now.She will be fine.She is a fighter."

"You know nothing.About what happened there.If you knew,you would blame me."

"Unless you pushed her in front of evil and took off to save yourself,you are not to blame."

"You are just infuriating me."

"It's good to see you back,my little bro."

I couldn't stay mad at him.I wasn't so sure that I will be seeing any of my family.Whatever happened there, it brought us out of the other dimension.

"You know,everytime I leave you both alone,you always end up turning up half dead for me to find.Everyone,I mean Dad,the King and the Queen,they are all worried.Also both of you weren't responding to any memory checks.At least you started responding yesterday,so we knew what happened till you got unconscious.But what happened later,we have no idea.Aria has some kind of block in her mind and her memories are slipping away from our grasp."

Slipping from our grasp

"How did you read my memories?"

"You were both unconscious for five days.It was scary seeing you like that.I brought you here and informed everyone.It was scary.And you are asking about medical procedures.How would we know what happened out there.We couldn't know because you tell us nothing."

"I know.I know.But please tell me how you knew what had happened."

Well,your mind was vulnerable after everything that had happened.Memory Readers can read your mind easily then.It's not like you are opposing any probing.Its easy.But she is blocking it somehow."

"It means something bad,right?"

His face said everything.

"The Doctor says that her memories are tampered.It will take time for her to heal and remember everything."

Remember everything

"You mean,she won't remember any thing?"

"It seems so.We won't find out for real till she wakes up from her magically induced coma.The situation is quite grim."

"No one knows about this,right?The council and everyone else?"

"They have no idea.It is good this way.They will raise a hell if they know any minute information about this incident.I think keeping them in shadow serves us good.Frankly speaking,they are all narrow minded idiots.Except two or three officials,I guess."

"Two of them are you and Dad right?"

"Of course.How do you feel now?"

"I'm okay.You know that.I am worried about her.She did not deserve all this.What will happen now?What do you think?"

"It depends on what the King decides.Aria will have so much trouble here if she has no memories.And when she breaks the block or whatever that is holding her memories back,she will be disoriented.This is real bad.I can't be calm here without freaking out.But you did good.I think we should be prepared for anything that comes our way.Rest for now.I will be back.The king will want to meet you.I should tell everyone you woke up."

He stood up.With a final glance, my brother left.

I thought about Aria without her memories.She wouldn't remember any of us.She wouldn't remember her life,magic and her family.She wasn't safe here or anywhere else for that matter if Savir escaped.And he did escape because Carl didn't mention him.And what had happened there that made us come back here?Savir had enough power to perform memory magic on her and escape.But if we escaped his powers were weakened enough.He wasn't able to control everything at once.That meant his world which he created so painstakingly as a hideout was destroyed.And he was out here somewhere.And a guy of his calibre was capable of wreaking havoc wherever he went.

Carl,my sneaky brother had mixed some kind of medicine in the water glass.Because as soon as I drank it,I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

The next time I woke up,I was surrounded my many people.There were Carl,my dad,the doctor and the King.All of them looked weary.Depending on the days they had spent worrying about us,it was inevitable.

I sat up despite their argument that I shouldn't risk any more injury.

"Tell me how she is now?"

"The princess is out of danger."The doctor replied.

I sensed a 'but' there.

"She won't remember anything."The King replied.

"Won't any medicine work?"I asked them.

"She is be the only person who can break the block when time comes."

I never saw him like this.He was always joking around us.I never saw him making all major decisions and being like a king.He was like a cool uncle to me more than a King.But I saw him as a king now and more importantly as a worried father.

"The Keepers had a meeting with me today.We all agreed on keeping this matter secret from everyone else.You are to leave for your final apprentice test.You will live in Non Projector world.I want you to protect Aria."

That meant we were leaving this place.And we were also completing our training in the meanwhile.And we would be strangers.

Author's note:

Dedicated to pradeepgunda  for reading all drafts and supporting this story!

So the Epilogue is here.I divided it into two parts.Hope you like it.As always,tell me what you think.
If you like this,Please consider leaving a comment or voting.

Thank you for reading!