8. True colors

The last bell of the day just rang and it's Friday meaning it's officially the weekend. Now most kids would rush out of the school and go home or whatever, but unlike everyone else I'm lingering around in the hallways.

I need to know what Corbyn is going to do. So I've been hanging around the back hallway watching out the window and waiting.

After pacing back and forth for about three minutes the boy from the bookshelf's appeared. He shuffled from foot to foot obviously nervous. I felt bad for him. Really I did, but I couldn't intervene and help or I'd never know Corbyn's intentions.

After about two minutes Corbyn appeared. He walked with an emotionless face and with a purpose.

I saw the boy visibly suck in a large breathe and timidly take a small step back. I'm sure his heart was beating a mile a minute.

As Corbyn approached him I could tell by his face the tone of his voice was serious and scary. I've never been a good lip reader so I had no idea what they were saying.

3rd person pov:

"Do you have my money or what?!" Corbyn asked in a demanding tone.

"N-no" the boy stuttered as he visibly flinched away from Corbyn.

Daisy stood watching from the glass window with her face nearly pressed against it. She already had a good idea of what Corbyn was truly like based on what she had heard from him in the library and what others had said. Yes, she had seen a completely different side of him when they were alone and away from school, but he was able to put up an act then. Daisy decided that the outcome of this situation would reflect the honest truth of what kind of person Corbyn is and whether or not he was someone she should be around or not.

"YOU OWE ME $450!" Corbyn yelled at the boy as he took a step closer, which only intimidated and scared the freshman more.

"I know." The boy whined as he cowered away from Corbyn. "I know. I know. And I will get it to you I swear" he said, finally able to meet Corbyns eye for a fraction of a second.

"I need it now! You realize this is my ass on the line too! This not only effects you; it effects me too!" Corbyn yelled at the freshman. "If you think I'm bad wait until you meet my boss."

"I swear I will get you the money" the freshman blurred out trying to protect his own skin.

Corbyn didn't say another thing instead he raised his fist and threw three hard blows to the boys left cheek bone. Daisy watched in horror from the window. Tears filled her eyes and her fingers covered her mouth as she gasped.

The boy laid on the grass defeated and in pain. He curled himself into the fetal position and his body began to shake as he cried. Already his cheek was red and swelling.

Corbyn stood towering above him with his hand still balled into a fist with dark eyes. "You think that was bad? That was nothing. If you don't have my money in two days you're gonna wish you were never born!" He yelled down to the boy at his feet.

Daisy still stood in the window watching in horror. She may not have been able to read lips but she knew from the library earlier that day that the confrontation was about drugs and money. She didn't want to know what was said and she didn't want to know Corbyn anymore. What she had just witnessed was corbyns true colors. What everyone had been saying about him was true and she no longer wanted to be around such a mean and scary person.