CHAPTER 5: Bridge Of Death

Several minutes prior...

The plasma blasts repeat increasingly every moment the doors to the bridge refuse to open. Whatever these 'Daleks' want, they certainly aren't patient enough to wait for it.

Blam!

Blam!

Blam!

"EXXXX-TERRRRMINAAAAAAATE!" the assailants cry, every plasma blast more agressive than the last.

"General, I doubt that door will hold back the Daleks any longer," Commander Cody hypothesizes, "They must have extremely advanced technology, Umbaran or some other advanced Seperatist planet."

"We'll have to think of something... there's no real way out of this room," Kenobi mumbles. He spots a compartment on the wall and points toward it, "What's that over there?"

Blam!

Blam!

A clone trooper standing near the wall turns to examine, and replies, "Jump packs, sir, meant for emergency space-walks."

"Perfect," Cody says, a half dozen blasts denting the doors behind him, "I like where you're thinking, Master Kenobi."

"Everyone, grab a jump-pack and a re-breather mask if you don't have a helmet," Kenobi commands.

He straps a jump-pack on himself as the dozen or so surviving clone troopers of Ghost Company and navigation officers rush over to follow suit. While the rest of the crew prepare for their space-walk, Obi-Wan pulls a holocom disk from his belt. He activates it.

"Captain, we are evacuating the main bridge. Meet us at the secondary bridge and send any troopers you have to the main hangar."

"Yes, General," the holographic trooper responds.

Blam!

Blam!

Blam!

"Over, and out," Kenobi concludes, and the tiny projection fizzles out of sight.

Obi-Wan then rushes over to a triangular window on the far left of the bridge, igniting his lightsaber. He warns the crew, "Get ready to depressurize!"

Blam!

Blam!

"EXXXX-TERRRRMINAAAAATE! EXXXXX-TER-MI-NAAAAAAAATE!"

Cody, Yularen, and the clones all stand braced for action. As the plasma blasts start to bend melted metal on the doors, Troopers Waxer and Boil both fumble a thermal-detonator in one hand.

"We got a nice gift for our visitors," Waxer grumbles, "Maybe if they knock a few more times, we could present them to 'em?"

"Permission to use ordinance..." Cody contemplated, "...granted. You two take up the rear, wait 'till everyone else has made the jump. Then fly like hell."

"Hmhmhm, will do, Commander," Boil replies, excitedly.

"Now, everyone, brace yoursleves," General Kenobi shouts.

The whole of Ghost Company bows their legs and clutches their blasters, Waxer and Boil gripping the handrail on the outward wall. In one quick swipe, Obi-Wan Kenobi removes a pane of glass and depressurizes the bridge. In an instant, all the atmosphere in the room is funneled out, along with a dozen men and two melted durasteel doors.

Obi-Wan zooms through the empty space ahead of the team, jetting as quickly as he can so that he can breach an entry-point. Waxer and Boil prime their thermal-detonators, wedging them between the handrail and the wall. The Daleks breaching the now missing door quickly magnetize to the floor, scooting at a looming pace towards the pair of remaining clones. Their shouts of genocide cannot be heard in the suction of the infinite vacuum.

Master Kenobi pierces a single hole in the glass with his lightsaber, just enough to let some air out. The other men are bobbing along, propelled by the force of the vacuum. Admiral Yularen quickly activates his jump-pack to slow down before slamming into the hull of the port-side bridge.

Closer and closer, the Daleks approach.

Cody lands on the opposite side. Kenobi makes another five holes in the glass.

The Daleks are now halfway between the door and the clones, approaching Boil and Waxer with their deadly beam-weapons aimed.

Trooper Wooley lands on the other side. Enough pressure has been released, Kenobi rips a hole wide enough to let the men crawl in.

The Daleks creep further and further, slowly and eerily, as if certain they have caught their prey.

Trooper after trooper jet their way into the improvised entrance on the bridge window. Obi-Wan, Wooley, Cody, Yularen, all of Ghost Company and the nav officers are inside the depressurized secondary bridge.

Waxer and Boil are just meters from impending extermination. They both trigger their bombs. They let go of the handrail, and let the vacuum of space do the rest.

Boom.