CHAPTER 16: The Armory

Behind the jammed door, Apoc leads the troops to the Central Amory just a few meters down the hallway. The screeches of the Daleks echo from around the corner, the psychotic mutants unaware of the clone's ruse.

Apoc hand-signs his orders, waving a flattend hand towards the armory door. He lightsteps toward the armory, Beck behind, and the fellow clones behind him. The hallway ends at the entrance to the armory; a rounded doorway blocked by a thick door, held into place by a trio of locks extending to the walls from the center of the circular door.

"Sir, we don't have clearance for the central armory," one clone whispers, "Its just our job to guard it, we can't open it!"

Apoc pushes his hand back in a stopping motion, ordering a halt. Accessing the controls for the armory door, Apoc enters his CT number and clearance code.

"THE INGRATES HAVE GONE, THEY HAVE ESCAPED! EX-TERMINATE!"

The Dalek's screams are muffled through the metal walls, but their fury is restricted none.

The triple-locked blast-doors whir to life. One by one, the three massive locking mechanisms pop out and fold away into the center of the door.

VMMM-PRRRRR.

VMMM-PRRRRR.

VMMM-PRRRRR.

CLINK.

The enormous door slides backward almost a whole meter before rolling sideways to the left and disapearing into the twice-as-deep wall. The troopers gaze into the darkness of the armory, and take their first steps into the most restricted Republic military room within a dozen parsecs.

"Aren't you lucky that I do, boys?" Apoc chides, allowing the troops to enter before himself.

All five clones step inside, followed by the Commander. Apoc turns to the four new troopers.

"Alright, what division are you boys?"

"We're with Thunder Company, sir," one replies, "Our commanding officer was killed when the invaders stormed our position here. We locked ourselves in the closest barracks when the rest of the squad got blown to pieces."

"We don't know what the blazes those things are, but they cleaned us out," another adds.

"My condolences, boys, the same happened to my squad," Apoc says, "Don't worry, I'm Sergeant Apoc, Mission Commander for Ghost Company, and you're in my squad now."

He points to them, assigning them new designations.

"You're all Ghosts for now. Ghost Eight, Nine, Five, and Six."

Apoc taps Ghost Eight on the shoulder, then signals him and Ghost Nine to guard the door. The two troops march over to the doorway, keeping their blasters ready to fire down the bottleneck of the hallway. Apoc then motions the other clones to follow him into the room.

Motion detectors sense the troops approaching a console in the center of the room, activating the lights. The room is illuminated, revealing walls of weapons of many varieties. Beck drops his disabled droideka in awe.

"I wonder, Commander, is this room available for rent?"

"Easy, Ghost Three, this is a one-time stint," Apoc retorts, "Everyone, pick up a weapon or load up on energy packs and ammo. We have a mission."

Beck strides to a wall of weapons, takes off his helmet, and sets it on a shelf. He reaches up on the wall for his prized asset: a Z-6 rotary cannon.