CHAPTER 9: The Engine Room

Sparks fly into the air as blaster bolts hit and bounce off the black-metallic shell of a Warrior Dalek. The clones of Ghost Squad barrage the foreign invaders with a storm of blue beams fired unanimously and with an incredible unified accuracy.

"Enemies! Exterminate!" The lead Dalek cries, ordering the others to return fire.

"Counterattack!" Apoc shouts.

The Warrior Daleks turn to face the clones, who rush them in an attempt to evade and confuse the lumbering mechanical beasts.

"EXTERMINATE!" they cry.

Beck weaves left. Crys tuck-and-rolls right under the Dalek beam-casters. Apoc leaps clear over his head as he rolls. Yeller jets into the air above on his jump-pack firing down on the enemy. The fight is a chaotic flurry of confusing tactics. Death beams shriek through the air, missing their targets completely.

"Evasive actions!" The lead Dalek cries out again, "Do not let them escape!"

Beam after beam pierces the air and dissipates on the walls of the engine room. The walkway is but a collection of thin bridges, wide enough for ranks of two side by side. The clones dodge beteen the five Daleks recklessly, causing them to spin in confusion.

"EXTERMINATE!"

Wyssick jumps between two Daleks, leading them to aim at each other.

SKREEEEEE!

They blast each other with their death beams, pushing them both back and sending one over the edge, plumiting into doom.

"EEEEEX-TERRRRRRRR-MIIII-"

CRASH!

It sparks and splits as it hits the floor down below, cutting it's screams off and killing the Dalek inside. The Dalek Leader shouts and screams in what can only be interpreted as rage infused with bloodlust.

"You fools! Exterminate the enemies, extermimate The Doctor!"

The Dalek that slayed his counterpart groans with a horrible screech

"Graaaaaaaaaaaa! Exterminate!"

The Heavy-Weapon Dalek fires a powerful energy blast towards Corporal Wyssick, who ducks instantly. The blast zooms through the doorway and penetrates the wall across from it, leaving an enormous hole almost the size of the doorway itself.

"Don't let that thing hit you!" Apoc orders, "Wyssick, Beck, take out the big gun!"

The two clones rush the Heavy-Weapons Dalek in an attempt to foil the beastly machine. Wyssick pulls his trigger hard, volleying fully automatic laser blasts into the the Dalek's dome, every other bolt deflecting off it's shielding. They duck behind the Dalek's back, following The Doctor's instructions.

"Try to blast us now, biggie," Beck goads.

Little do they realize that this particular breed of Dalek can spin the section of it's armor that holds the cannon, which it promptly does. The cannon spins around.

Then, all hell breaks lose. An action that could not have been more unfortunate. An action that very well should kill every single being in the engine room and the entire ship. The big-gun Dalek fires his weapon...

...and hits the hyperdrive.

KA-FOOOOM!

...

...

...

White noise sucks the very semblance of sound from the echoey chamber of the engine room. Nothing but white. Empty. Nothingness.