CHAPTER 18: The Prisoner

Ghost group charges down the hall, fully armed, fully loaded, fully prepared to destroy any opposition. Apoc leads, his Disruptor rifle in his hands and a DC-15 strapped to his back. Wyssick slightly behind to his right, Beck to his left, and the rest in tow, filling the hall behind. The squad pushes forward, only mere moments away from the ventral hanger.

However, under the echoes of footsteps and armor-clattering, a noise rings out to the troops. Apoc signals the group to halt, his hand raised above his head. The whole of Ghost Company slides to a standstill, all feet placing themselves in the floor, knees slightly bent and guns at the ready.

"EX-TERMINATE!"

"EX-TERMINA--!"

CHOOM.

BOOOOSH!

CHOOM.

BOOOOSH!

CH-CHOOM.

B-GOOOSH!

Apoc waves slowly onward, directing the group to follow his lead. They tiptoe ever so slowly, foot by foot, 20 feet thumping quieter than quiet all in near-unison. The barrels of their blasters either pointed down at their feet or up at the ceiling, the leading troopers aiming forward. The door to the hanger is straight ahead, and flashes of light correspond with the explosive noises.

"What in the blazes is that?" Wyssick whispers.

"Sounds like...Daleks...blowing things up?" Apoc whispers back.

"You think they beat us to 'em and decided to disable all our transports?" Beck supposes, "They could blowing up any chance of escape!"

"Alright, here's what's gonna happen," Apoc commands, "Three, Five, Six, and Seven go left with me. Four, Eight, Nine, and Ten go right with Ghost Two. Understood?"

The Ghosts nod in affirmation, as Daleks continue to shriek over the explosions beyond the corridor.

"Let's bust open these clunky tossers," chides the Commander, throwing a hand signal forward.

The clones charge headlong into the unknown, straight for the open doorway. The two halves split evenly as their Commander orders it, five to the left, five to the right.

"EXTERMINATE!"

BA-DOOOSH!

"EXX-TERRR-MEEEEH-NAAAAATE!"

The cries of the Daleks increase in volume and the vibrations of the explosions shake the hall more and more the closer they get.

"COME OOOOON!" one of the troopers shouts.

The troops flood out of the doorway and into the hanger, only to be met by a plethora of blasters and the mass-driver cannons of two AT-TEs pointed directly at their positions. Apoc, and all Ghost troopers in turn, throw hands up in surrender.

"Hold your fire, fiendly fire!" Apoc shouts.

"HOLD FIRE!" a trooper shouts from atop one of the AT-TEs.

All troopers hold their blasters steady, awaiting orders. The trooper leans over the edge of the walker, dropping to the floor and landing on all fours. He stands slowly, turning his red-striped helmet towards Ghost Company. The Ghosts lower their arms in relief.

"At ease, 212th. 'Bout time you showed up, Sergeant," the ARC Trooper says, as his troops lower their weapons, "We were afraid you weren't going to make it."