Chapter 15

York

I snuggled up by Valen. "You shouldn't worry so much."

"The way that you fell to the ground, you could've been shot or something." He gave me a small smile. "Of course I was worried."

He'd been festering over me making sure I felt fine and checking if I needed anything for 3 hours. It was nice to know he cared so much but I wish he didn't get so worked up about something like that.

"It's okay, I promise." I kissed his cheek.

Ashanaya began walking toward us.

She squated down in front of me. "You feel okay?"

"Yeah, I'm not as tired as I was, though something's really hurting and I'm not sure why." I gave a weak smile.

She lifted her hand and began to draw something in front of me. It glowed a light blue colour and the particles shined brightly in front of me.

"Argladash amada'an Avanashe." Her voice was cryptic and mystical. She blew on the rune and it wafted forward, wrapping around me then exploding.

I felt a lot better. "What were the words to that rune?"

"Oh, they're not for the rune, I added them myself. They mean 'I wish you well, in the eyes of Avanashe.'" She smiled, pat my back and stood back up. "I trust you're feeling fine now."

I nodded and stood up beside her. Valen stood next to me, seeming to be in a much better mood. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head.

Kel jumped up when she saw me stand. "We off then?"

I nodded.

She smiled. "Good then, I really wanna be out of the woods after kicking those 'jack ashen'." She stretched and straightened her clothes. "We going to the city? Hope you don't mind one thing."

"What's that?" Ashanaya looked over at Kel but seemed preoccupied with something.

Kel got an evil grin then lifted her arms slowly. Suddenly it got very dark. I thought she might have used magic but I was wrong, I looked up and the sky wasn't just dark, it was full of birds. Thousands of little black dots began to descend on us, making the most awful sounds as they came. Crows, they began to cluster all around us, gathering all over the ground, covering the forest floor, all of them were small, but one larger one landed on her shoulder, making a loud caw. A raven.

"Well. That was-"

"Fun!" I interupted Valen and dove into the sea of crows. They made very loud caws that sounded like screaming and flew out from under me.

I turned over when I got onto the ground and sung a short hymn.

"Jorgan Hannasath kale sanna lumfadan. Uterno calla faan, juda falla na. Shanasee, yania kan." I sung, drawing out the last word, the birds all came to me, covering my body and some of the nudging my leg wanting affection.

Everyone watched in shock, everyone except for Kel. She stepped up to me and sat down a foot away from me and smiled. "Shalia ma."

All of the crows flew away.

"You speak nymphan?" I looked at her surprised, petting a rebellious crow.

She laughed. "Forgot you weren't an elf. My grandfather was a nymph. Your all pretty weird but some of the stuff is pretty handy. I thought about calling the crows when those baddie elves tried to get me but I was scared one of them would get hurt."

Valen walked up to me, the crow I had squawked, protesting him coming near me, but I calmed him back down.

He sat down beside me. "What was that that you were singing? And you said Shansee, isn't that your last name?"

"By the mother, kept away from hell. I am forever warm, safety beckons to me and you. Forever mine, for I love you." I sung it again, just this time not in nymphan.

"The Call of the Wild." Kel smiled and petted the crow I had, Jeb.

"Your last name means 'forever mine'?" Valen raised an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Before my mother, my family held a high position among nymphs."

Valen just looked at me, confused. "Why didn't you tell me that before?"

I looked over at him, my smiled quickly left my face, I handed Jeb to Kel. "It didn't seem that important. We're not really important to the nymphs anymore. I used to tell people that but it just made them angry, they didn't care about my family, didn't care about me."

Valen put his hand on my side, then put his forehead to mine. "Nior Avanashe, jaun kiara faltesse lie yun."

Ashanaya gasped a little and covered her face, based on her reaction I guessed she was blushing because I do the same thing.

I just sat and blinked for a minute. "What did that mean?"

Valen just gave a short laugh and started scratching the back of his neck, his cheeks turning red.

"None but Avanashe know, but I love you more than the stars." Ashanaya translated.

He had his head tilted down, but he looked at me past his eyebrows, still nervously scratching his neck.

I leaned down and kissed him, which must've surprised him because he let out a short, deep, alarmed sound.

I only gave him a short kiss but it was passionate, I could tell he put a lot into it once he got his bearings. He held me very tight and held his breath. It gave me a very warm and almost sweet.

I pulled away breathing heavily.

Marhara cleared his throat. "Do we go now?"

He'd hardly spoken this whole time. Not a lot sparked his attention did it?

I looked over to him and laughed a little. "I'm sorry, got a little bit carried away."

Kel set Jeb on the ground, it looked back at her reluctantly then flew away. "Right then, I'm ready."

I sighed and stood up, Valen stood up just after me.

I looked at him and smiled. "You know, I don't feel like walking." I leapt up into his arms. He let out a groan but then stood straight.

He breathed heavy for a second then smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

"You spoil me." I patted his cheek. "Now, mush!"

We all began walking again toward Hope. I was excited for what was to come next, I knew Valen and I were moving kinda fast but I was okay with it. It was a great feeling at least.