Chapter 41

York

"No cuddling, no snuggling, and no hugs. We sleep on opposite sides of the tent." I said as I spread out my blanket.

"Oh come on, that's so unreasonable." He rolled his eyes. "You're as bad as 'Naya."

"What do you mean?" I asked, still focusing on my own little sleeping space.

"A few hours before the Valerie thing happened she threatened to have me neutered." He acted like the very thought gave me him nightmares, shuddering and having to shake himself off, like there was a spider on him.

"What? That'd be such a waste." I said sarcastically. "She can't take away my property."

"Righ-" He stopped as he processed the rest of what I said. "Wait, what?"

I smiled. "Nothing."

I heard him shuffling around until he was just behind me, and he wrapped his arms around my stomach and whispered in my ear. "What's yours?"

I leaned my head back over his shoulder. "I said nothing."

He leaned down and whispered against my neck, sending a shiver through my body. "Oh no, I don't think that's what it was."

"I- uhm." I could hardly speak.

He nuzzled my neck. "Come on, just say it."

"You know this is completely unfair." It was true, but I honestly didn't want him to stop.

"Why's that?" He bit my neck softly, sending a very short sensation through me.

I closed my eyes and exhaled loudly. "You know what, you don't have to sleep on the other side of the tent. Just watch yourself, and your- parts."

He laughed. It was deep and seductive and his breath hit my shoulder making me feel warm. "Okay, I'll watch it. But just one thing."

"What's that?" I opened my eyes slowly.

Valen pulled me around to face him and leaned in. He stopped for a second, the look in his eye said he wanted approval, but they weren't even looking at my eyes, they were down, pinned on my lips. I nodded slowly and he slowly put his lips around my bottom, biting it softly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to him. He stopped being slow, he pulled me close to him and pinned me to the ground, pressing his lips harder to mine. I trailed my hands up, running my fingers through his short, dark blonde hair. He traced his fingers down my sides until he came near me hips, he gripped them tightly and pulled me toward him.

I pulled away quickly, breathing heavily. "I said-" I had to stop to catch my breath. "Watch it."

He laughed breathlessly. "Oh yeah. Forgot, sorry." He dropped to my side. "Sleep?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Sleep."

I laid down, pulling the blanket over me and Valen scooted up beside me and pulled me close, kissing my forehead as he did. He was lying on his side, with me pulled close to his chest.

"Goodnight, Valen." I rubbed my head against his chest.

"Goodnight, York. Sweet dreams."

I closed my eyes and darkness overcame my vision, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

Everything looked sort of red, and strange, similar to the vision Shirajiin had shown us. I saw tents in a clearing, tents in a semi-circle around a fire with a tree a few feet behind the fire, a full circle of clearing around the tree.

It was the camp, mine and Valen's tent to the far right, Ashanaya and Cullen's tent to the far left, with Kel and Marhara's seperate tents in the middle.

The fire was sputtering out, leaving only orange embers, barely lighting up the ground around them. It was very quiet, except for the bugs. But there was something behind the tents, they were shuffling around in them. I saw silhouettes quickly sprint out from behind the bushes and run out into the camp. They ran into one of the middle tents, I started to hear a sawing noise and a low muffled scream. They both continued for a few moments, until the screaming stopped, the sawing continues for a few seconds then a quick but short, snap.

The silhouettes walked out of the tent slowly, they went close enough to the embers that I could barely see their faces. They were Ashen, with wide satisfied grins on their faces, but also cautious looks as their eyes darted around.

The one leading them, held something large, that was dangling from his hand. I looked closer and it was a head, Marhara's head, with a terrified and surprised look on his face.

Something tore at my gut as the real world began to circle around and I sat straight up in the tent breathing heavily.

I heard shuffling outside the tent and I quickly jumped to my feet (which was a mistake, I sat back down) and I crawled my way out of the tent, as fast as I could manage.