Chapter 33

York

"What is it? Where's my Yorkie?" I heard Yorwek, he seemed to be upset, possibly even crying. Something sounded weird about his voice.

"Something happened." Kel said quietly.

I started to sit up but I cried out in pain.

"What the hell was that?" Yorwek yelled.

"We need a healer, now." Valen said sternly, he was by my side holding my hand tightly.

"I'm coming." Yorwek said, I heard a mystical sound and a tap.

A loud collective noise sounded beside me and Yorwek appeared.

"I said a healer not a hooker." Valen narrowed his eyes at him.

"I am a healer." Yorwek kneeled by my side. "What's wrong, nothing looks wrong."

"I was able to heal everything on the outside, there's a lot going on, on the inside." Kel was shaking violently, she was sitting behind me.

Yorwek held his hand over me and said the same thing that Kel had said, but it came out sounding much more powerful. His eyes widened as if he could now see the damage. His hands began to glow. "Where's the kinoth that did this?" He sounded furious, he said an actual swear, voshk is just the nymphan equivalent to porven, 'he without, without mind.'

"She's dead, York killed her." Valen answered, squeezing my hand tightly.

I started to sit up but Yorwek pushed me back down gently. He wouldn't look at me, he looked pained. "Not yet Yorkie, I'm not done yet."

"Yorwek." I said.

"Shh, just relax." Valen held his hand against my cheek. "You'll be okay in a minute."

"Valen, what did you do back there? The blood, the big swords.. what was that?" I asked.

Ashanaya gasped.

He was quiet.

I lifted my hand and put it on his shoulder.

He hung his head down and sighed. "Before my father died he taught me things.. Things that were thought to have died out of the elves at least 7 generations ago. The forbidden enchantments."

"What-"

"The forbidden enchantments were banned because people who used them began to kill people for power, or they would use all of their own blood. It doesn't just come from blood it could.. Valen you could lose an arm, or a leg, or even your heart what were you thinking?" Ashanaya came up to him and knelt beside him. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this?"

"My father taught me how to do it. He used to use the enchants all the time, he taught me how to use them and not lose an arm or something. Just a little bit of blood can go a long way. Water can work, but it's not nearly as powerful, and water with just a drop of blood works almost as good as blood. The water from the rain that York had summoned kept me from needing a lot of blood." He explainedd. "I just, I wanted to help, York almost died." He looked over at me. A tear rolled down his cheek. "I couldn't just let you die."

I wiped his tear away. "Hey, it's okay. You did okay. Just remember that's a last resort."

He nodded. "I don't need it that much, I'm really good by myself."

I smiled. "Yeah, you are."

It was quiet for a minute, Ashanaya scanned over the area then stopped. "York, is this her indoctrinary?"

"I think so, I ripped it out her head. The stupid fly, should've thought twice before fighting me." I sighed.

"Do you think we could get anything from it?" She asked just looking at it. Cullen walked up to her side.

"She was one of the people Simdagun chose wasn't she? There must be something important in that indoctrinary, she was certainly more advanced than the other Ashen." I answered, closing my eyes while Yorwek healed me.

Marhara dropped to my side. "Hey, good job out there. That was quite the fight."

"Thanks, I probably shouldn't fight again until we get to Valerie though."

"Definitely not." Yorwek shook his head.

Cullen picked up Shirajiin's indoctrinary and began taking the knowledge from it.

I looked over at Yorwek, he had a very serious look and was focused on healing me. "Hey, are you okay?"

"After hearing about you almost dying and I wasn't around to do anything? No not really." He sighed.

"I-"

"Don't worry about it." He shook his head.

"You're here now, okay?" I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, okay." It didn't seem to make him feel any better.

"So is that what that mirror was for? So you could talk to me while I was out and about?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was worried. Wanted to be able to make sure you were okay. Looks like it was a good call." He answered. He still wouldn't look at me.

"Well, thank you for being here." I smiled at him again.

He looked over at me, he smiled a little bit now. "No problem Yorkie." The light in his hands stopped glowing and he put his hands back by his sides. "Well, you should be all fixed up now. You might be a little sore, and seriously, fight as little as you can, you're not invincible and there are people out there who care about you."

"Yeah." Valen agreed.

Yorwek looked up at Valen. "And you, I expect you to watch over him. He may want you more than me, but if I hear he died I'm coming after you. You don't wanna go up against an elder nymph."

"You think I'd ever let anything happen to him?" Valen raised an eyebrow.

Yorwek sighed. "Well, probably not, but still."

"I'll keep him safe. I care about him too, remember?" Valen looked over at me and smiled.

"Yeah, I remember." Yorwek shook his head and stood. "I'll contact you on that mirror later, you better be the one to answer this time, not one of your friend saying you're half dead."

"It'll be me, I promise." I nodded and sat up.

"Good. I gotta get back to mountain now, bye Yorkie." He closed his eyes and he seperated into particles, all of them shifted and beamed back toward the mountain.

"I bet that's handy, can you do that?" Valen asked.

"No, I think he's using tecniks."