Chapter 45

York

We drug Donashe back to the camp and everyone else looked at us like we were crazy. I looked across all their faces and they were very confused.

"Guys this is Donashe, I expect you to show her all the love and respect you show Kel." I smiled at them.

"So none?" Valen smiled back at me.

"Hey!" Kel looked a him angrily.

"Not even a little." Cullen added.

"HEY!" She glared at him on the other side of her.

"Why is that here?" Marhara shouted over Kel's loud, offended responses.

"York thought that we should try and see if there's any way to turn the Ashen back." Ashanaya answred. "We've already learned something new, she apparently doesn't think anything's changed."

"What?" Kel walked up to Donashe. "That's daft. You really don't see how ugly you've gotten."

"And why's a human telling me I'm ugly? You all look like donkeys." She narrowed her eyes at Kel. Both Kel and Cullen gasped. Cullen looked at Ashanaya questioningly and she shook her head.

"You look a crow got stomped on by a horse you stupid little bal'shatoth." Kel glared at her. She said a nymphan word that people hardly ever said because it was two words that didn't go together in everyday life, 'chicken's backside'.

"I'm a what?" Donashe raised her eyebrow, bored. Kel didn't answer, she just rolled her eyes. "You know you might as well not even bother and kill me. The three nymphs are all dead, the elves we sent to them killed them like idiots and we can't find the druid, no surprise there, so what's the point in only saving one of us."

"There was another person, what about the human man in the vision?" Ashanaya asked.

"Oh Clayton? I forgot about him, we sent some people to get him yesterday, don't how that turned out, but I'm sure it's too late." She smiled.

"Then we can save him too." I said. Her smile faltered.

"Is there anyway we can keep her tied up somewhere?" Valen asked crossing his arms. "I refuse to carry her around everywhere."

"Maybe." I pulled the mirror out of my boot. I tapped at the glass. "How does this thing work?"

Yorwek's face flashed onto the mirror. "You just have to speak, Yorkie, you dont have to tap on the screen like that."

"Oh. Sorry." I blushed a little.

"What do you need, love?" He smiled.

"What?" Valen stepped up to me.

"It's just a thing he say Valen, don't worry about it." I looked over at him, he seemed slightly ticked but he stepped back.

"Well, I don't say it to everyone." Yorwek had a coy look and a sly smile.

"Yorwek, do you think you could hold something for me?" I asked.

"Probably, what is it?" He started to look kind of bored.

I pointed the mirror at Donashe. "Yorkie, that's not something, that's someone." I heard Yorwek answer.

I pointed the mirror at myself. "She's been turned Ashen and I wanna see if she can be turned back, but I can't right now and we can't bring her with us cause I broke her leg to keep her from hurting anyone."

"I guess I could. Point the mirror back at her and get everyone to step away from her." He instructed.

I did as he said and I heard a loud sound like waves crashing and Donashe was gone. I turned the mirror back to myself and Yorwek seemed satisfied with himself. "I'll keep her somewhere safe, now, is there anything else?"

"No, thank you."

"No problem, Yorkie, and be careful." His face washed away off of the mirror. I put the mirror back in my boot and turned around to face the others.

"Can we get some more sleep then?" I asked as I looked up at the dark sky.

"That'd probably be a good idea." Ashanaya said, then she yawned.

Valen stepped up beside me. "You need to not sneak away to fight like that again. You scared me."

I smiled at him and stood on my tip-toes to kiss his cheek. "Okay, I won't."

He swept me up off the ground and held me like a child. The kissed me. As he pulled back he smiled. "Good. Now we're going to bed."