Chapter 32

York

I hit the ground hard, I heard a loud pop but nothing seemed to be broken. I stood slowly just in case I was wrong, I saw Shirajiin slowly fly toward the ground, her feet ended in points, she had no toes. She was short, with 4 long sharp fingers. She had long black hair, red eyes and yellowish white skin. Her skin was hard and rough, her features were angular and she was very petite. Before, she was almost pretty. She had brown hair and green eyes, her skin was the colour of wood nymphs, her features weren't as jagged and her fingers not as sharp. She didn't show her wings before so I can't say for sure whether or not she had them. Other than the texture of her skin and her bug like eyes, she almost looked human, well, and her ears.

She landed, her black hair bouncing around her, she smiled showing off her full maw of fangs. "You wanted to see me alone, elder?"

She was mocking me.

"Yes, we don't condone the buzzing about house-flies, you'll need to be swatted now." I looked up at her and smiled.

"What did you call me?" Her smiled wavered. The ground rose under her and lifted her five feet higher. She was using tecniks, influencing the world around her.

"A house-fly." My smile grew wider. A cyclone of white air lifted me from the gound and put me at the same level as her. A large rock flew at me, I quickly spun around and doged it. "Oh good, maybe you'll be a little bit more of a challenge then you're companions. Not much though, you're all rotted from the inside." I lifted my hands in the air. "Talathan."

I spoke the word for rain and it started pouring all around. Shirajiin's wings gave out and she fell onto the platform she'd made.

Nymphan magic focused on using the elements to help, wood nymphs used the elements of the forest, water nymphs used the elements of waterways, elder nymphs used both and more, though we were more inclined toward where we grew up, but moreso of our parents. Since my mother was a water nymph, making it rain was childs-play, growing up in the forest, anything involving using the trees would be harder but easy.

She growled. I never knew bugs could growl. She lifted her arms and the trees started to rise around her.

"Idiot, you'd think your indoctrinary would tell you I grew up in a forest." I laughed and waved my hand to the side, all the trees spun around and landed on her.

My eyes widened as she pushed the trees off of her. It was at least 5 trees, that kind of weight should've killed her. She smiled. "Didn't expect that?"

The ground rose and shot her up from the ground, she used her wet wings a little to lighten her fall, she had one foot pointed down, and the other bent up touching the inside of her knee. She descended down onto me and the point of her foot stabbed into my abdomen.

I screamed in pain as she pinned me down onto the ground.

"You weren't needed, the master wants that elven girl more than anything, I could spill your blood and change you here and the master wouldn't mind." She smiled and twisted her foot.

I narrowed my eyes at her and grabbed her leg. Her eyes widened as I began twisting her leg. "A lifetime of pain and you think I can't handle this." I started laughing as her eyes widened more. I twisted her leg farther and farther. The pain was unbearable and it was weakening my magic, the rain had already stopped, but I didn't care. I twisted her leg until I heard a loud snap, followed by a piercing shriek. I yanked her foot out of me and threw her aside. "Your tecniks will never match magic, it was something made hastily by children trying to catch up to an ancient art that's been practiced since the beginning of time."