Chapter 3

I laughed as I read the texts, trying to multitask with answering Andy, eating a sandwich and open the coca cola bottle

I laughed as I read the texts, trying to multitask with answering Andy, eating a sandwich and open the coca cola bottle. With the sandwich stuffed in my mouth, phone in my right hand, trying to type an answer and opening the can of coke with my left hand, I probably looked like I was struggling a lot.

I checked the time on the dashboard. 19:55. Still some time until the train arrived, so I decided to go wait for them inside instead of sitting here looking like a fool. I put my phone on the dashboard as I twisted the keys and then the radio turned off and the motor went quiet. I grabbed my phone, still with the sandwich in my mouth, and exited the car.

I quickly finished the drink, and tossed it in a trashcan just as I entered the main doors, but I still had my sandwich in my hand as I saw Andy appear with a backpack and suitcase. Camera around his neck and very visible bags under his eyes made him quite recognizable.

"Andy!" I called out, almost running towards the crowd. One thing that I learned from being American in Europe in general, is that if you're loud in public people will automatically side eye you or start mumbling nasty words. Right now though, I didn't care. Andy saw me the minute I had yelled out for him, being the only one actually yelling in public, I was kinda hard to ignore.

As we locked eyes and I gave him the biggest smile I could, he put away his suitcase and practically ran towards me. Since he is a 30 year old man with pretty long feet, he was by my side in like three seconds and gave me one of the best hugs. I could feel a tear dangerously close to rolling down my cheek, and as he pulled away to look at me he chuckled a bit.

"Tia, don't tell me you're crying"

"I'm not crying" I said determined, while drying away the first tear.

After we had hugged again, and I pointed out that now Andy was crying, I heard someone approach from behind Andy, and I bobbed my head in their direction.

Andy turned around halfway, and then looked like he suddenly realized he wasn't alone here.

"oh yeah, that's right. Guys this is Tia, my cousin"

I was about to point out that I wasn't really his cousin, but Calum started talking before I could say a word.

"Bonjour Tia! je m'appelle Calum... nice to me- no shit.. uhm... enchanté..?" I looked at him confused. Was he trying to impress me by speaking French or something? He looked pretty flustered as he looked at Andy for help. Well if Andy was helping him with his French, I felt sorry for the poor lad. Andy's French was good.. great even for someone who've never studied it! But.. you couldn't exactly discuss everything with him. He understood bits and pieces though, it was kinda like Pépé with his English.

"Sorry... je ne parle.. je ne parle pas très bien français?" He then pulled up a little dictionary and started flipping through the pages.