Typical Day As A Superhuman

I didn't get much sleep last, I spent a solid two hours thinking over the kiss. I woke up to hear Winter in the shower. I decided I wasn't going to tell her about the kiss. Or anyone, for that matter.

     I got out of bed just as Winter was getting out of the shower. I waited outside the door. After a few minutes, Winter came out, her hair wrapped in a towel and wearing the same clothes she wore to the party. I went into the bathroom to do my hair.

     After ten minutes, I made my way to the cafeteria accompanied by Winter. We were somewhat familiar with the building, familiar enough to get ourselves where we needed to go. Once there, we found Savanna, Timber, and Petina all sitting at a table, waiting for us with trays of food. I sat down next to Savanna and Winter day next to me.

     Timber slide us each a tray of food. "We already got you trays." The tray consisted of a few pancakes and eggs, with a glass of orange juice.

     "At least it's better than school food." I grinned as the group of girls laughed. "Liam wanted me to let you guys know that we needed to be assessed or something. We can schedule it at the front desk. And we have group training at ten, whatever that is."

     "We can do that after breakfast.", Savanna suggested. We all agreed that was probably the best thing to do. We all finished breakfast then made our way to the front desk.

     I smiled at the receptionist, she gave me a weak smile in response. "We'd like to schedule our assessments."

     The receptionist typed on her laptop for a minute or two. "I have a few slots open today. I have one for 2:00, one for 4:00, and one for 5:00. I can fit two more of you in tomorrow at 3:30 and 7:00"

     I looked around to make sure that worked for everyone "Sounds great." I turned to walk back away.

     "Wait," the receptionist stopped me "Liam wanted me to let you know he had something for all of you." She handed us each a visa gift card for fifty dollars. "He said it was it new clothes."

     Did everyone get these, or were we getting special treatment? "Let hime know we said thanks." I smiled and waved goodbye to the receptionist.

     "Will do." She returned to typing.

Petina examined the card in her hand. "You girls know what this means?" She looked at each of us. "Shopping spree!"

     "We could probably fit it in before our training session." Timber was right, we all needed a chance to take our mind off things, and this was the perfect opportunity to.

     So we went left H.A.V.E.N and made our way (with the help of many maps) to a nearby JC Penny's. Clothes there were nice, but cheap. We knew we could get our money's worth. We walked around and tried on clothes. Of course we got strange looks from passerby, but no one said anything to use.

     I was looking at jeans with Winter when she approached us. We were minding our own business when a middle-aged woman walked over to us. At first we didn't mind her dirty looks. "What are you freaks doing here?"

     I calmly put down the pair of jeans I was holding and turned to her. "I don't believe I was bothering you." I tried my best to keep my cool.

     "Of course you were bothering me, you're bothering everyone in the city. Your kind is nothing but a burden to society. You don't deserve to be here, bunch of mutants."

     I restrained myself from lashing out on her. Winter was just trying not to look at her. "I'm sorry you feel that way." I then walked past her, making a point of ramming my shoulder into hers, making her drop her purse. "I am so sorry!" I grinned. "Let me get that for you." I got down on my knees and began picking up her belongings. I noticed that her drivers license fell out of her wallet when her purse fell. I discreetly slipped it into my pocket. I then handed her her purse.