Eye For An Eye

With the events of the past few days, I had quite the problem on my hands: Officer Douglas was clearly on to me, so he had to go. But he also might be the only person who could help me get to Dr.Fitz, who I wanted two things from- revenge and my family.

     I came up with an almost foolproof plan of action that needed to be put into action soon.

That day, I made my way back to the police station downtown. There was no guarantee he would be there, but there was a chance. I chance I had to take. I casually strolled into the police station and walked up to the front desk. "Hello, I'm here to see Officer Douglas."

"Third office on the right." The worker responded with looking up from his computer.

"Thank you." I found the third office down a narrow, beige hallway. I knocked on the door.

"Come in.", the familiar voice responded.

"Hey," I opened the door and sat down across from him at his desk. I tried my best to sound friendly. "can we talk?"

"You." Officer Douglas looked me over carefully. I smiled at him. "What do you want?"

I dropped my facade. "Nice to see you too. Look, I need a favor."

"Sorry, I don't really do favors for murderers."

"Listen," I leaned closer to him and made my voice barely audible. "if I really wanted to, I could kill you right now and not a soul would know. Not a soul. You would be dead within seconds, but you just do happen to be the only person who can help."

"Are you threatening me? A police officer?"

"You'll know when it's a threat, trust me. Now, I'm not asking you to kill anybody. I'm just asking you to find someone for me, ok?"

"And what if I say no and turn you in right now?"

"I suggest you don't, or your son will pay for his daddy's mistakes. Thomas was his name, right?"

He glared at me with sheer hatred. "You wouldn't dare."

I leaned even closer to him. "We both know that I would. If you so much as mention this favor to someone else or try to turn me in, I will gut your son like a fish and send you his teeth in the mail. That's not a threat, it's a promise. Now, all I need you to do for me is find someone I need to talk with. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes."

I grinned. "Now we're getting somewhere. The man I need you to find for me goes by Doctor Fitz. You better right this down." Cooper pulled out a notepad and wrote the name down. "I can't provide a first name, but I can give you a description. He's a frail old man, pale skin, blue eyes, thin white hair, tall and slim. Got that?"

Cooper nodded.

     I leaned back in the chair. "I'm glad you could help me, Officer Douglas. Here's a number you can reach me at when you have what I want." I slid a folded up piece of paper to him. "Don't call until you have it, got it?"

     Once again, he nodded his head. He then looked up at me. "Please, don't hurt Thomas."

     I got up from the chair. "I won't touch a hair on his head." With that, I left the building and walked back to H.A.V.E.N. feeling satisfied with my work.