So What If I Murder People?

I strolled down the lonely alley ways of New York, humming to myself. I don't know why, but knowing that no one would ever find out what I did brought me an overwhelming sense of peace. I felt so calm. I was in control of my situation. I had control over my life.

    Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was doing was wrong. I knew I should feel guilty for what I'd done. I knew there'd be consequences if anyone ever found out. I knew this, and yet I kept going back for more. I don't know why. It felt good. I couldn't give up the high I got from watching the life drain from their eyes. I felt invincible, and I wasn't about to give that up. Not yet.

     I quickened my pace as I got closer to H.A.V.E.N.. It had began to grow cold and brisk. I thought about what I'd tell the others when I got back. I stopped in a conscience store a few blocks from H.A.V.E.N., rushes passed the cashier, making sure he didn't see me, and used their bathroom to change back into my normal clothes. I tucked my bloody clothes carefully back into the trash bag and nestled them in my book bag. I cleaned off my face in the bathroom and headed back to the streets. I made sure to buy a pack of tampons on my way out.

I sprinted back to H.A.V.E.N. The group was all sitting in my dorm, watching tv. Winter examined me. "Where were you?" She asked the inevitable question.

"Had to take the long way home. Police were blocking the way home for some reason." My answer was carefully thought out. The group seemed to accept this answer. They all looked at each other and then went back to the tv. They were all watching "Bachelor in Paradise". I always hated how cheesy and cliche these dating shows were, but I watched with intrigue none the less.

     After the show was over, they all went back to their dorms and went to bed. Winter and I had the dorm left to ourselves. She brushed out her long hair and sat on her bed. "So, Liam?"

    "Yeah, what about him?"

     "'Yeah what about him?'" She mimicked me. "Are you that oblivious?"

     "What?"

     "He's totally into you!"

     "No." Despite the confidence of my words, I could feel my cheeks flush.

     "Yeah! He can't even look at you without blushing! You can practically see the stars in his eyes!"

     "Yeah, right." I scoffed.

     Winter gasped. "No way! You like him too! I knew it! I can hear the wedding bells already!"

     I grabbed a pillow off my bed and threw it at her as we both giggled. "No way! I'm NOT in love! I don't have time for love right now. I have you idiots to worry about."

     "Keep telling yourself that." Winter turned off the lamp by her bed and lied down on her bed. "Night, Sky."

     "Night, Winter." I turned off my lamp and rested my head on my pillow. I closed my eyes and recounted tonight's events. For someone who had just killed two people, I slept like a baby.