The Revelation

I was woken up early the next morning by the landline in our room waking me up. Winter wasn't disturbed by this, so I trudged over to the phone. "Hello?", I mumbled.

     "Hi, this is Dr.Spencers, I was wondering if I could see you in my office."

     "Right now?"

     "As soon as possible."

     I sighed. "I'll be down in a few minutes." I hung up the phone and quickly threw on a hoodie that was way too big for me and a pair of shorts. I went into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a messy bun. It was about as good as I could do.

     I left the dorm without waking up Winter and slowly stumbled down the hallway. I found Dr.Joy's office and sat down at her desk across from her.

     She was unreasonably happy for it being so early. "Good morning, get a good night's sleep?" She gleamed at me.

     "Uh huh. What'd you call me here for?"

     "Well, I'm sure you've heard about the recent murders by now."

     My heart stopped. Did she know? There's no way she knew, not even the police knew. "Yeah, a real tragedy."

     "Yes, it's such a sad thing to see life wasted."

     Life? Wasted? Those people were a waste of oxygen, couldn't she see that? "Yeah, I can hardly believe it."

     "Yes. The police have asked us to question everyone in the facility." She noticed the skepticism written all over my face. "It's not that they are singling you out, they're asking me to question all of you. It's standard protocol. So, I'm obligated to ask: Do you know anything about the murders?"

     "No."

     "Nothing at all?"

     "I don't know anything other than what I've seen in the news."

     "If you know something, you should tell me. I'm here to help, not to hurt."

     "I already told you that I don't know anything about the murders."

     Her gaze scorched me. She seemed to be staring right through me. "Are you sure?"

     "Very sure. If I learn anything, I'll let you know."

    She looked over me for what seemed like an eternity. She finally looked at me as if she knew something that I didn't. She almost looked smug. "Okay, you can leave now. Have a nice day, Skyler."

     "You too, Dr.Joy." I left her office and went back to my room to get myself ready for the day.

     A few hours later my friends and I met up for breakfast. "We don't have training today. You guys wanna go see a movie or something?", I suggested.

     Winter shook her head. "I don't really feel like going out today."

     "Yeah, I feel like having a lazy day.", Timber added.

     Petina pointed at Winter. "Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to go out with all that's been happening lately."

     Savanna's ears perked up. "I wanna go! We can have a girls' day!"

     I smirked at her. "Yeah, you losers have fun here. Savanna and I are gonna have a girls' day. Have fun being lame!" I picked up my tray and went to dump it, followed by Savanna. The rest of the group rolled their eyes as we left.

     Once we left the building, we started our girls' day. Savanna walked with an added bounce in her step beside me. "This is so much fun! What do you want to go do?"