CHAPTER ONE: SCHOOL DRAMA

The ear-splitting bell echoes throughout the school. Another day of classes and tests is finally over! But it is the first day in a long while that Marinette can remember getting all the way through. Usually she shows up a bit late, but today she was right on time. And typically an Akumatized villain appears at some point, taking her away from her classes, but none showed up. It was a relief not having to come up with some lame excuse, rush off, transform, and beat the baddies for a day. Just a normal, undramatized day!

     "Ah, Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"

     Marinette sighs as she sees Chloe Bourgeois, her worst frienemy, approaching her. Chloe's best friend, Sabrina, is right by her side... as always.

     So much for there being no drama today, Marinette thinks. "What do you want, Chloe?" She asks aloud.

     "Me, want anything from you? As if!" Chloe laughs snobbishly.

     "Yeah, why would we want anything from you?" Sabrina echoes.

     Marinette rolls her eyes. These two are the last people she wants to be talking to right now... especially when someone else suddenly catches her eye.

     Adrien Agreste walks past with his best buddy, Nino, deep in conversation. He is seemingly oblivious to the longing sigh that escapes from Marinette's mouth as he passes, and her lovesick eyes staring after him.

     Sadly, Marinette isn't the only one to spot Adrien. "Adrikins!" Chloe shouts in an annoying singsong voice. She runs after him and throws her arms around his neck, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

     "Oh, um, hey Chloe," Adrien says awkwardly. Nino just stares, shaking his head.

     Marinette can feel her blood boiling with anger. She clenches her fists as tightly as she can, willing herself not to rush over there and punch Chloe right in the face.

     Marinette's kwami, Tikki, pokes her head out of Marinette's bag. "Amp down, Marinette," she says in her sweet, soft tone of voice.

     "I can't help it, Tikki," Marinette says. "I just can't believe Chloe! Always throwing herself onto Adrien like that." She throws her hands up in the air dramatically. "When will it end?!"

     "I'm sure Adrien will put a stop to it someday," Tikki says. "It's obvious he doesn't like it either."

     "Yeah... He's just too nice to say anything to her, I guess." Marinette smiles dreamily. "He's so kind, and considerate, and handsome, and..." She trails off once she realizes that Tikki is staring at her blankly. "Wait, what were we talking about?"

     Tikki giggles. "Oh, Marinette, you've really got it bad."

     Marinette smiles. "I know, I know..." Suddenly, she spots her best friend, Alya, coming towards her. "Hide, Tikki! We can't let Alya see you."

     Tikki nods, and ducks back into Marinette's purse as Marinette closes her bag.