it's a shame

do you love me?
of course, why wouldn't i?
because the way your hands touch me with a burning anger tells me otherwise.
how does it feel?
like my skin is burning, burning along with my love for you.
don't love me, dammit.

the sun beamed down on the couple, their rosy cheeks and sweaty foreheads show through their messy hair. glimmering rings intertwine with bare fingers, their hands tight in their hold as they murmur sweet words and gentle praises.

birds chirp and sing as they grace the sky, their wings making small noises as they pass over the couple. trees rustle as the wind dances through its leaves as if its choosing a new partner to dance with. the sky blue as ever, the clouds not disturbing the sun's rays.

it was, wasn't? it was beautiful, it was calming, it was peaceful, it was what the single ask for, wasn't it? they wish upon a dying star, hoping, praying, that happiness comes with the spouse of their dreams! it's truly a shame, dumb feelings poured out onto the night sky as if it'll carry their weight.

i wish upon a star to stay with you forever.
and that forever is temporary, don't you see?
as temporary as our late night kisses?
as temporary as our loving touches, dear.