Chapter eight

[Chaeyoung's POV]

I then ask Mina out for dinner and I was waiting for her at the restaurant.

It's a special VIP room so I was pacing around the room.

The document is on the table inside a brown envelope.

I then heard a few knocks before the door opened.

The waitress walked in first, helping Mina to open the door while she walk in.

"Hi, Chaeyoung." Mina said and I smiled to her.

We sat down and the waitress pass us the menus.

We start ordering and after we order, we sat therein silence.

"How's work?" Mina asked suddenly.

"Good... The two?" I asked and she nodded.

We continue to stay in silence until the food is served.

We start to eat and once we finish eating, the waitress came in and took the plates away.

'This is it.' I thought and took in a deep breath.

"Mina-ya." I called and she look at me.

I passed her the document and she opened it.

She stared at the document with a pair of teary eyes.

"Chaeyoung-ah... This isn't true right?" She said and put down the document.

"I'm sorry Mina-ya... But, I don't love you anymore..." I said and she hold my hand.

"No... This isn't true... Chaeyoung-ah, you won't do that right? It's because of the bitch that you're together with ask you to do that right?" Mina said and I shook my head.

"Since you already know that I am seeing someone outside, let me tell you, I love her... And I want to divorce with you is because I love her... She never told me to do anything... She even told me to come back to you but I refuse because I don't love you anymore... I have no more feelings for you..." I said.

"I don't care! I won't sign this! You want me to sign this? Over my dead body!" Mina shouted as she tear the document into pieces.

After she tore it, she sped out of the room while crying.

I then paid for the dinner and went back home.

But before I got in the house, I contacted my lawyer to get a new divorce document.

I then got in the house and I saw the house dark and empty.

I then saw noona at the kitchen, drinking water.

"Noona, have you seen Mina?" I asked.

"She sped upstairs once she come back." Noona said and I sighed.

"What's wrong? She seems like she's crying." Noona said.

"I... I wanted to... divorce with her..." I said and Noona slapped my arm.

"You crazy?!" Noona with her mic volume voice shouted.

"I'm not... I'm serious." I said and noona frowned.

"No wonder she come back crying... Poor Mina..." Noona said and I looked down.

"Why do you want to divorce with her?" Noona asked with her arms crossed up to her chest.

"Because I don't love her anymore... She's not suitable for me..." I said and noona smacked my head.

"After getting married for 15 years, now you say that she's not suitable for you?! if she's not suitable for you at the first place, why did you marry her? If you don't love her, why do you marry her? You are wasting her youth time on you, selfish!" Noona said and walked away.

I stand there, thinking about what Noona said.

It's actually true that why did I marry her if she's not suitable for me.

Why did I marry her if I don't love her?

And why is it that after so many years, then I found out that I don't love her?

I decided to go up and take a short bath.

After that, I laid down on the bed next to Mina.

I can hear her soft sobbing and I turn the other side.

This is the first time our backs are facing each other while sleeping after so many years of marriage.

Slowly, I fell asleep.

The next day

I turn around and saw no Mina.

I then went to wash up and change my clothes.

After that, I went down and saw Mina cooking.

She finish plating it and shouted,

"Breakfast's ready!"

Naeun, Junho and noona then came down.

I went down and saw my share is also prepared.

"Let's eat." Mina said and they start to dig in.

I look at the food and can't help but feel guilty.

After what I told her last night, she still make the effort to make my breakfast even though she's broken.

After I finish eating, I then went to my workplace and saw Jennie waiting outside.

"Morning. You're here early today." I said and she smiled.

I then open the door and we went in.

I turn on the lights and Jennie sat down on one of the stool.

"Chaeyoung-ah, Mina texted me last night and told me that you wanted to divorce with her." Jennie said and I stop whatever thing I'm doing.

"Yeah... I told you that I will divorce with her and we can get together." I said but she frowned.

"But what about your children? You expect them to live without a father or a mother?" Jennie said and I'm loss of words.

"I don't know but since she's not working, the children will definitely be with me." I said and Jennie shook her head in disbelief.

"I never thought that you're so selfish. You broke her heart and now you don't even let her stay with her children." Jennie said.

"They are mine too." I said.

"But are you the one that's carrying the children through that 9 months?" Jennie said and I stayed silence.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I don't want to fight with you but... It's just cruel that you just like ditched her." Jennie said and I sighed.

"But if I don't divorce with her, we can never go out in public together openly." I said.

"Trust me... Or I'll help her find a match before we divorced, okay?" I said.

"Whatever that suits you." Jennie said.

"Does she knows that I'm the one that's-" I cut Jennie off since I already know what's she's going to say.

"No. I never told her. And I will never let her know." I said.

Then, my phone buzzed.

I look at the message and the text says,

Lawyer Lee: The document is ready. You may come and collect at my law firm.

Me: Thanks. I will go at the lunch time.

I then switched off my phone and settle things at my workplace.

When the lunch time arrives, I went to Lawyer Lee's law firm to collect the document.

'Hope that she will sign it... Sorry... Mina-ya...' I thought and went back to my workplace.

I'm so sorry for the Michaeng shippers outside. I'm also a Michaeng shipper but I don't know why I decided to write this kind of story. Crazy...
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!