Chapter thirteen

[Mina's POV]

Chaeyoung knelt down with the ring on his hand.

I look at him and he smiled, showing me his dimple.

I hesitated for a while.

I'm scared that I will be heartbroken again.

"Please Minari... Let me have the chance to own you again... Let me have the chance to take care of you again... Let me have the chance... to love you again..." Chaeyoung said and smiled.

And after thinking for a while, I've make up my mind.

"I...

... don't..." I said and his smile dropped.

"You hurt me... Badly... I don't want to have my heart broken once again by you..." I said and Chaeyoung quickly stood up to hold my hands.

"I promise to change. I was infatuated with Jennie just like how I was in the past. I hated myself just like how you hated me when I broke your heart with the divorcement paper. I regretted terribly for cheating on you and making you upset. I know I am a jerk and you might not believe me but I really want my family back... I want my wife back... Just like how we were for the past decade..." Chaeyoung said while his tears start rolling down.

Honestly, I have not move on from him.

It wasn't easy to forget everything we had together.

All of my teenage years, all of my youth, all of my first was all about him...

I wanted him back as well but I'm afraid to have a broken heart and to spend nights where I have to cry myself to sleep.

Chaeyoung was looking at me straight into the eyes and I'm trying not to show any emotions through my eyes.

I missed the way he looked at me like I'm the only one in the world.

"But I already had a boyfriend." I said, trying to get Chaeyoung to back off.

He just dragged me away from my boyfriend earlier who was in the midst of proposing to me.

I did not expect that he would propose so quickly as we are only together for a few months.

"I don't care about him. No matter if you're single now or not, I will pursue you like how I do in the past until you agree to come back to me." Chaeyoung said and I know he's serious about what he's saying now.

I just took my hands back from his grip and gave him one last glance before walking out of the door.

And just like what he said, Chaeyoung did his best in trying to win me back.

He would wait outside the children's school as he know that I will be meeting them after they ended their class.

Chaeyoung would follow us for tea break and shopping but I would try my best to ignore him.

I know Junho and Naeun are happy that we are going out as a family and they know that Chaeyoung is trying to pursue me.

Sometimes, I would know what are they thinking with their little antics and I know that they are secretly helping Chaeyoung.

They are making things harder for me to ignore Chaeyoung and this continued for months.

About 5 months have passed and Chaeyoung really did what he said.

Since he already know where I am staying, he would come to wait for me outside my house everyday before going down to the children's school to fetch them.