One

Dài Fen nervously glanced over the edge of the wall. Stepping away, she looked at Shan Yu.
"I have one question," she said. "How do we get down?"
"I hadn't really thought of that," he quietly admitted. Her eyes widened and she slowly nodded. "I never thought we'd get this far."

She wasn't quite sure what she could say to that and just looked out across the view. It was fields for a while with some bushes which might cause some problems. There wasn't anywhere to hide if they needed it.

Hayabusa left Fen's shoulder and landed on Shan Yu's as he began walking towards the nearest tower. She hurried to keep up with him. Even with his partly-healed injury, he walked quickly.

The nearest tower was quite far away and after a few minutes of walking, Hayabusa took to the skies, it was clear the bird couldn't tolerate moving so slowly. Shan Yu started walking slower until he stopped walking entirely.
"What is it?"

She received no answer.

"Shan Yu, is something wrong?" she asked, hoping she would get an answer. The man snapped out of whatever had come over him when the falcon landed on his shoulder. Not hesitating for a moment, Shan Yu drew his sword.
"Soldiers are coming."

Fen's first instinct was to panic. He had probably found that out through Hayabusa, though she wasn't sure how he could do that. "What do you want me to do?"
"Stay out of the way, try not to get killed."
She nodded. "That sounds like a good idea." Shan Yu just nodded.

A few minutes later, Fen could see the soldiers were rather close. Shan Yu kicked the first soldier's legs, getting his out of the way as he swung at the first soldier. The first soldier blocked his first strike but missed the second and be started bleeding from a large gash. The second soldier was backing away but Shan Yu walked towards him and quickly took him down.

"There will be more," he said as he carried on walking. Fen picked up one of the soldiers' swords. "But if we can make it to the tower alive, we will have a way down to the other side."
Fen smiled a little and nodded. "That's good, right?"

She received no answer.