Seven

Fen had decided it long before needing to wake Shan Yu up so that she could sleep.

She did not need to change herself for other people as long as she was happy with who she was. She liked that she asked questions to find out more things. She didn't blame herself for being the only survivor in the village, she blamed Shan Yu and his Huns for that. It was his decision that kept her alive. But she no longer held that against him. She was grateful, in a way, that she could continue her life even if her family and her village could not.

When she actually had to wake the man up, Fen hoped he wouldn't be angry when he was woken up. Her father had never liked being woken up. She also wasn't sure how to wake Shan Yu up. She settled on just tapping his shoulder and thankfully, it worked.

Despite it being kind of cold, Fen managed to sleep surprisingly well. Shan Yu woke her in the morning, the sun had already risen and the sky was a bright blue. He had also found some plants that they could eat since he had found no animals and they didn't have the time to be patient and hunt properly.

"Do you think you could teach me how to fight again?" she asked before biting into one of the leaves. It tasted weird and she hoped it wasn't poisonous. "Once we're both... a bit more healed, I guess."
Shan Yu looked at her for a moment before nodded with a hint of a smile on his lips. "Yes, I can teach you how to fight soon."

They kept moving and few the next few days, they kept travelling away from China and into territory that would soon become more familiar to the Hun. Fen didn't talk much, she spent a lot of time thinking. She did, however, mention how her leg was feeling better every few hours.

While the two of them were making their way through some bushes, they heard a voice calling out. Both of they stopped walking, glancing at each other.
"Who's there?" they heard.
"Just travellers," said Shan Yu as he moved towards the voice. Confused on what was going to happen, Fen followed as quickly as she could. "I'm a mercenary, or whatever really. We're looking for a place to stay the night, perhaps some food. We have no money but I can pay in other ways." Fen looked at Shan Yu, he seemed to be able to lie so comfortably. She just hoped that whoever the man was didn't recognise Shan Yu.

As they neared the edge of the shrubbery and trees, fen spotted the man. He was short, with tanned skin and dark hair, which was tied back to keep out of his face.

"You are not a traveller, are you?"