4. Under Water Adventure

"I'll send you a video when I'm done surfing." Daiki watched one of Sebastian's eyebrow's rise, his son's mouth twisting into a frown.

His son glanced away, frowning as he did so. "How are you going to do that? Get a video of you taking on the surf? Also, you do know mom will be pissed that you're doing that."

Daiki took a deep breath. "Sebastian, look. Robin and I aren't married anymore, so she doesn't get a say in regards to this kind of thing."

"She thinks your adventuring has a bad influence on me."

"Anyways, I have a waterproof camera, so I'll be able to show you once I'm done."

"Okay."

Daiki took a deep breath, signing off the video messaging program before closing down his computer. He grabbed his surfboard and headed out, hoping today the waves would be just right for the ride of his life. The salty water soaked into his water suit, and he waited patiently for the wave to come in towards him. For a few brief moments, his mind drifted as he adjusted the camera around his ear.

A rumbling sound roared in his ears, and he looked up, just as wave far larger than he'd ever seen or expected rose its ugly head far above him. His hands gripped the board tightly, yet to no avail as he found himself pulled beneath the surface. He held his breath, looking around for anything only to find the water spinning around him as he found himself sucked towards a dark void.

In the back of his mind, he thought he was going to die.

And then, he found himself able to breathe again, choking out the salty water while his eyes looked around in confusion. Daiki's eyes pushed together, before standing up. A metal sound rang in his ears, his body teetering precariously. The pinging sound of water droplets hitting metal pipes made his head hurt.

"I'm in a damn submarine."

Lifting up his arm, Daiki noticed the rope which attached him to his board was snapped. Mentally, he cursed his luck, yet found himself reaching for the edge as another wave of water rushed in. His fingers couldn't grip anything, and as such he found himself smashed into the wall, and then the metal floor again. Coughing, he glanced around and saw the door.

Quickly, he headed over, just as a red light went off. The alarm went off as he looked up and down the hall before heading in one direction. Somehow, he managed to arrive at what appeared to be the command deck. An alien-like creature stood having a video conference with another. The alarms continued blaring off, so it should have come with no surprise when he felt something smash the back of his head.

When his eyes opened again, he saw a bright light above himself, yet felt cold, naked except for a collar. An alien face looked down on him. "Human?"

Daiki's eyes opened and closed, frustrated as his body stiffened up. He didn't respond, not wanting to give the alien anything which might be used against him.

"Human." The repetition of what they called themselves made Daiki close his eyes. "My people, your planet."

"And?"

"We take over."

Daiki frowned, keeping his eyes closed. He felt quite a bit of pain coursing through the body. He flinched against the restraints, wondering if there were any manner in which to escape.

"Human. Pet."

"Why?"

"Human not intelligent."

The restraints were released, and he watched the alien saunter off – or more of slither off. A shudder ran down his spine. He carefully lifted himself up, before attempting to find his clothes. They weren't far, tossed aside as if they'd simply removed some kind of skin. Thankfully, despite some damage he found himself still able to wear the wetsuit. He wasn't so sure of the camera.

He stepped out of the room, finding himself able to freely roam the ship while the aliens ignored him, though for some reason he understood their language easily enough. His hands reached up, touching the collar, wondering if this made it so that he – the captain's new pet as they called him – might understand what they said.

They were indeed planning on taking over the world. More specifically, they were unintelligent scavengers who took over technology of other races. They were the only force attempting to take over the primitive earth, and yet it didn't take long for him to figure out how the ship function, where the escape pods were located, as well as the fact they didn't know what they were doing.

Thus, he found himself heading into the engine, setting it to explode. He thought his timing was right yet found himself thrown into the wall. Through the cracked window he saw the ship sinking, and water starting to leak in. Taking a deep breath and letting it out despite the pain, he headed to one of the escape pods, only to find the alien creatures already trying to escape. A swift kick to the one attempting to enter the one escape pod he'd not sabotaged, and he found himself heading in and pushing the button.

Yet, the escape pod spun out of control, and yet again he felt darkness until something shook his shoulder.

"Dad?"

Daiki's eyes flickered open. "Hi What happened to the aliens?"

Sebastian stared at him, almost as if he lost his mind. His son's hands clenched his pant legs, the frustration quite evident. "You hit your head pretty hard."

"The video."

"Shows you getting taken out by the wave and then washing up on shore. You're lucky to be alive."

"So?"

"I could have lost you!"

"Sebastian, you've got your step-father."

He watched Sebastian look away. "Demetrius and I don't get along. Mom's right though. You're an adult."

"So are you going to tell me to stop as well Sebastian?" Daiki placed a hand on his throbbing head.

"No. Just don't die on me."