LIKE MOTHER, LIKE SON

Just like Pat, when my uncle Conley got killed, everything was swept under the rug, and never mentioned again.

        I think my grandmother was to blame for the way her sons turned out.  And to all the girls in our family, we considered our grandfather a dirty old man.  Even though he never molested us, he was a little to touchy, feely.  He played and joked around while he was copping free feels while we sat in his lap, but most of the time he was a mean old man.  He never wanted any of us in his room, he barely came out unless he was leaving, or coming out to yell at us about something.  He just seemed like he never wanted us around, well the Fisher kids anyway.

        I had the assumption that he used to molest his sons, which is where I believed they learned it from.  I don't think it came out of the blue, they picked up on it from some where.  I heard my grandmother was abusive when she was a drunk.  She would drink until she passed out into a stupor.  So no telling what her husband did to her kids while she wasn't watching.  I believe maybe my dad saw something that he wasn't supposed to, or maybe my grandfather tried something with my dad, which is why he ran away down south when he was 17 years old, shortly after, joining the Marines.  It's just an assumption though.

        My grandfather passed away over ten years ago, thank GOD my grandmother was already saved at the time.  She had already stopped drinking before we were born, but she still didn't save anyone, or stop anything.  She was a Blob, just like my evil mother.  And still to this day, I don't consider her my grandmother.  She had her favorites, which were her grandkids from her second husband, the rest she gave a fuck about.  She could've broken the cycle a long time ago, but instead, molestation went on in our family for three generations.

        My dad was everyone's favorite uncle now.  We had so many cousins just on my father's side, and they always somehow ended up at our house on the weekends, summer, and some holidays.  Since our ages ranged, there was always a cousin there for each age group.

        My pops loved to play ball, as you know, so of course he showed more attention to the boys.  I was such a daddy's girl, but at the same time, I was a tom boy.  In middle school, I tried out for the girl's basketball team just because my dad was the assistant coach.  I wasn't that good, and I didn't make the team, but my dad was always proud of me for trying.

        Every summer we would have a boat load of kids at our house.  It was the party house.  My dad would pile all of us up in his old, dark blue Ford.  We would go to the movies, the beach, parties, wherever we wanted to go, and we always had a blast.  My dad just had a bad habit of treating all of is nieces and nephews better than he did his kids.  My siblings and I would be jealous because it was already a lot of us, and we often wondered why the hell these other kids were there.

I KNOW THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER, I JUST WANTED TO GIVE A LITTLE INSIGHT ON HOW MY DAD LIKED TO HIDE SECRETS, JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER MAGGIE.  FAM....IS YOU GUYS AGREE, OR IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN 'MAGGIE' STORIES, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM IN THE COMMENT BOX. IT REALLY HELPS ME WHEN MY FAMILY COMMENTS ON MY CHAPTERS. FOR A LONG TIME I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN MY FEELINGS, BUT SINCE WRITING THIS BOOK, I SEE THAT ALOT OF MY FAMILY FEEL THE SAME WAY I HAVE ALL OF MY LIFE.  WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO MY VERY FIRST ORIGINAL QUESTION...WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL?! HOW COME NO ONE HAD MY BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNGER? JUST A THOUGHT!!

P.S. THE PICTURE TO THIS CHAPTER IS OF MY DAD, LARRY FISHER! THAT IS A RECENT PICTURE TAKEN THIS YEAR ON 4TH OF JULY, THE HANDSOME LITTLE MAN STANDING BESIDE HIM IS MY SON, JAYDEN PRINCE RANGE! BUT I'LL FORMALLY INTRODUCE YOU GUYS TO HIM IN 2008, RIGHT NOW IM STILL WRITING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN 1995! LOL