BYE, BYE BURNS!

Right after the death of my uncle, life went on as usual.  My grandfather, Davis, which is my mother's dad, but we later found out that he was never her dad, only her step dad, and he never acknowledged us, but he stopped by ur house one day.  He rarely came to visit, nor did he ever call us.  Me and my siblings never felt he loved us so we didn't care one way or another.  He had money, and was very stuck up, judgemental, and critical.

        Granddaddy Davis wasn't my mother's biological father, I believe that's why he always acted liked we didn't exist.  He would come over once a year, which was on Christmas.  He always bought us one gift a piece, which I didn't blame him because my parents had so many damn kids.  We had two female cousins on my mother's side, Jamica and Evelyn, that he absolutely adored, they were spoiled and always got what they wanted.  On Christmas, they always got like 5 gifts a piece from everyone, we were never even invited to their homes for the holidays, and if we did they treated us like puppies.  You could tell they wanted to put newspaper down everywhere we sat, they considered us dirty and  beneath them.

        My mother always said that her family disapproved of her and my father's relationship.  They would threaten that if she didn't leave my dad, they would disown her.  They didn't like my father because they thought since he grew up in the hood, they would have a had a bunch of kids and went straight to welfare.  So I guess they kept their promise of cutting her off if she didn't agree to  leave my dad.  She married him, so we didn't get to see her side of the family, but I was cool with it, because I wouldn't  want to be around people like that anyway.

        Well this particular day he came over, he was shocked.  He questioned my mother about why our house was in shambles, and how come our gas was off.  He walked into the kitchen and saw all of us sitting in chairs , and on the floor surrounding the oven with blankets.  My parents neglected to pay the utility bill this winter, and we didn't have any heat or hot water.  My grandfather was so appalled that he called Child Protective Services on my parents.

        When CPS came, our house looked even worse.  There was trash everywhere around the house, you couldn't even see the carpet, clothes sprawled all over the floor, the cats, mice, and roaches would make your stomach turn.  The CPS worker gave my parents until the morning to get all of our stuff  together and pack our things, and they were going to come back in the morning with the police to remove us from the home, split us up, and put us in Foster Care.

        Well my parents didn't wait until the next morning, they packed all of us up and left in the middle of the night.  Unfortunately, we ended up at a homeless shelter on the westside near Livernois and Tireman.

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

'