11. save me from the nothing i've become

~~Hannah~~

I maneuvered myself through the tables in the cafeteria, desperate to get out. I know Harry desrves a better explanation for why I left so abruptly, but I couldn't sit there for a moment longer without either breaking down or throwing a fit. The way He sat there smirking at me made me sick to my stomach.

I head straight for the bleachers, prepared to just wait until the bell rings to leave. But just as I was heading out, I was stopped by strong hand grabbing onto my upper arm.

I turn around. "Harry, I--,"

"Nice to see you again, Hannah." He said smoothly. "You've changed since the last time I saw you."

I yanked my arm out of his grasp and took a sharp step back. "What do you want?"

"Long time no see baby," he smiled, licking his bottom lip.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped, turning to walk away.

"Aww what's wrong, don't you miss me?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and spin around to face him.

"I should have called the fucking cops for what you did!" I growled, jabbing my finger into his chest. "But I didn't. Why? I have no fucking clue. But I swear if you don't leave me the hell alone, I won't fucking hesitate to."

"Then leave Harry alone," he said, turning serious.

"What goes on between Harry and I is none of your damn business."

"Harry is one of my best fucking friends. And although it doesn't look like it or he even acts like it, that boy has a kind heart. And I won't have it fucked up by a bitch like you!"

"Fuck you." I turned to walk away, but He pulled me back against his chest.

"You know you want to baby," he whispered in my ear. I tried to get away, but his grip on my arm tightened.

"Let me go," I growled, trying to mask the feeling of fear that was slowly working up in the pit of my stomach.

"Let's have some fun," Zayn whispered in my ear. I bit my quivering lip as his lips ghosted over my neck.

"Hannah?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hannah?" Louis asked, looking at us confused.

"What are you doing back here Lou?" Zayn asked, releasing me. I immediately scurried behind Louis.

"Trying to figure out what exactly you're doing out here. Hannah, are you okay?"

"Mhm," I mumbled, biting my lip.

"You have a shit ton of explaining to do, Malik." Zayn took a step forward at the same time Louis did, so they were standing with only a few inches of space between them.

"I don't have to explain anything to you."

"You will to Harry."

Zayn chuckled. "And who do you think he's gonna believe? Harry and I have known each other since we were kids."

Louis fist balled up at his sides as he took another step forward.

"Don't," I whispered, just loud enough for them to hear me.

"Listen to the tramp," Zayn said.

"Leave," Louis growled.

Zayn laughed and began to walk away. "See you later, Hannah."

We watched as he walked off the field and got lost in the main crowd of students. Once he was gone, Louis turned back to me.

"Thank you so much," I rushed out.

"You're welcome. Now of you want to explain to me why he was holding you like that?"

My eyes cast down and I chewed in my lip.

"Hannah," he cooed softly. "I saw the way you and Harry were inside. I would like to believe that a sweet girl like you wouldn't two time one of my best friends. But without an explanation, I'm left with no others thoughts."

"Promise not to tell Harry? Or anybody for that matter?"

"I promise." He sat in the grass and pat at the spot next to him. "Tell me."

I hesitated before sinking down next him and telling him everything.

~~~~~

"You have to tell him, Hannah."

"Why?" I picked at the grass around me, avoiding looking Louis in the eye. "We're not dating. We've barely known each other five days!"

"I know," he said calmly. "But what other choice do you have? Avoid hanging out with Harry just because he's hanging out with Zayn? Hannah, he's gonna find out sooner or later. It'd better if he found out from you."

"You're right." I nodded and looked up at him. "I'll tell him."

"Soon?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Soon," I confirmed.

"Okay. Well, we should probably get up. The bell should ring soon."

Louis stood and dusted himself off, then held his hand for me. I grabbed it and hoisted myself up.

"Why were you coming out here?" I asked as we walked back.

"I saw Zayn and was about to ask him why he was coming out here." Louis chuckled. "It's funny cause I knew there was a reason why I didn't like him."

I stayed silent, deciding not to delve.

The bell rings as we walk and say goodbye to Louis. When I get to Mr. Hardings class, Harry is sitting in the seat next to mine, playing on his phone.

"Hey," I smile as I sit down.

"Hey," he looks up. "How was the rest of your lunch period?"

"Good," I lie. "Yours?"

"Hilarious. Liam tried to see how many grapes he could shove up his nose. He had to go to the office because one of them got stuck."

I smile and laugh.

"You have a really pretty smile," he said.

"And you're a lot sweeter than you appear."

Harry opened his mouth to respond at the same moment that the bell rang.

"Be careful what you wish for," he whispered in my ear as Mr. Harding walked in.

The whole class period consisted of Harry and I poking and winking at each other, whispering and joking when Mr. Harding wasn't looking. At one point, Harry poked me in the side and caused me to yelp. Our teacher turned around and asked if everything was okay.

"Everything's fine," Harry said smoothly, his nail lightly tracing patterns on my knee under the table. Mr. Harding nodded and turned, continuing the lesson.

~~~~~

"Damn you Styles!" I exclaimed as we walked out of the classroom.

"Your face when he turned around was priceless," he laughed beside me. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk to my last class.

"Hannah wait," he said, getting himself together. I stopped and turned.

"Bell rings in two minutes and I have to get all the way across the building. What?"

"Will you go out with me this Friday night?" He looked nervous, rubbing the back of neck and chewing on his bottom lip.

"Yeah sure. Where to?" I slowly began to back away.

He smiled wickedly. "That's for me to know and you to find out."