12. tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps

~~Harry~~

Friday night came all too quickly. All week Hannah asked me where we were going and all week I stayed very tight lipped, not even telling the boys for fear that they might accidentally let it slip.

I took a deep breath and tucked the tickets in my back pocket. I braced myself before knocking on her door. A blonde boy, who I recognized as her brother Travis, opened the door.

"Come in," he said gruffly. "Hannah's upstairs."

I nodded and took a step in.

"Hannah!" he called up the stairs.

"Coming!' I heard her say.

He stood there and watched me as I silently prayed that Hannah would hurry up. A few seconds later, she was walking down the stairs. "Hey. Emma's asleep, Dad will be home in a couple hours, and I'll be back later."

"Just don't come in too late," He said, then turned to me. "Don't bring her home too late."

"Calm down, Travis," she smile and kissed her brother on the cheek. "I'll be back soon."

We got out the door and settled in my car before Hannah spoke to me.

"So do you wanna tell me where we're going now?"

I chuckled and pulled the tickets out of my pocket, handing them to her. Hannah squealed.

"How did you get front row seat tickets to a 5 Seconds of Summer concert?"

"Niall is close friends with them, so I just asked him." I started the car and pulled off. "I didn't know what kind of music you liked so I guessed."

"Am I that predictable?" I saw her smile in the corner of my eye.

"No," I laughed nervously. "I just thought that since all the girls at our school are obessing over boy bands that you might be too. Not saying that you're like all the other girls at our school. I just--I don't know."

"You're rambling Harry," she laughed. "I love 5 Seconds of Summer just like any other girl."

I smiled. "Awesome."

We didn't speak for the rest of the ride. About halfway to the concert, I turned on the radio, The 1975 filling my car. I looked over and Hannah was looking out the window, smiling as she quietly sang along.

~~~~~

"You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear!"

I stood next to Hannah as she sang the lyrics along with everyone else in the stadium. I watched her, unable to look anywhere else. She was so loose and carefree, dancing in her light wash skinny jeans and cream sweater with half of her hair tied back; she was absolutely gorgeous. She turned to me and smiled, continuing to sing. I smiled and slid my arms around her waist, pulling her in front of me.

"I made a mixtape straight out of 94," I sang in her ear. "I got your ripped skinny jeans lying in the floor."

She threw her head back against my shoulder and laughed.

"What?" I shouted over the music, laughing along with her.

"I didn't peg you as a 'She Looks So Perfect' kind of guy."

"What kind of guy did you peg me as?" I swayed her along as the band started singing about movies or something.

"I don't know," she twisted her neck so she could get a better look at me. "You look more like a 'Heartache On The Big Screen' kind of guy."