The Trial

The following week consisted of me trying to recover. I was in bed all day, Stacy visited every other day and my parents said they were too busy to come flying all the way to Texas. All I had in mind was Mr. Cartwright, the day that I would see him again. He has something that made me spark on the inside. I shook my head trying to get my mind off that selfish man.

"Who was that hansome guy that visited you on Sunday?" Andrea asked trying to fish out the information of Mr. Cartwright, a nurse that has been taking care of me. She had long blonde hair that was always up in a updo done so perfectly, she was pale and always wore the same cherry red lipstick.

I flushed at the thought of him, and got angered of jealousy. What?

"He's my lawyer," I bluntly said.

She pursed lips and closed her eyes. Inhaling sharply.

"He's probably the sexiest man alive! None of my boyfriends look close to that, he is a god," She said inhaling again. How disgusting.

"Tell him to give me a call," She smiled as she handed me the tiny piece of paper with her number in it. She turned with her heel and walked out the room.

I ripped the paper, and let it fall on the cup of water. I laid my head back again and closed my eyes. After a couple of minutes my phone roared from my bag. It was my father.

"Hey honey, how are you?" He asked sounding apologetic

"Er.. I'm fine dad, how are you and mom?" I asked.

"Good kitten, listen here, I talked to Mr. Cartwright, he is one of the best lawyers in your state, but the chances are very slim of you wining the case," He said.

"Oh umm, well I'll pay with the damages on loans," I said trying to sound guilty when in reality I thank the heavens this accident brought me to this hansome lawyer.

"I'll get you covered," He snapped.

"No dad, I don't want you paying for anything, I got this dad," I snapped back at him.

"Honey, you're two months behind on your rent! You don't need to struggle with money, you know that," He said

"I want to do this on my own, father," I said.

He didn't say anything but just sighed loudly.

"Okay honey, I just wanted to call to hear you,"

Yeah, and you couldn't come visit me?

"Okay dad, I'll see you later," I tried to grin.

"Okay honey, I love you, take care," He said and hung up.

I rested my eyes again and fell into deep sleep.

I opened my eyes and gasped at the beautiful features of Mr. Cartwright staring at me and looking down at a piece of paper. Thank goodness they took off my bandages, at least I showed actual hair instead of looking bald. He blinked a few times and looked embarassed. What? Him embarassed?

"Good morning Miss Swan, pardon me for barging, I asked if I could stay here until you woke up and the lovely blond lady let me come in.

Ugh, Andrea

"No problem Mr Cartwright, good morning," I said, he looked at me and his eyes gleamed through the sunlight. He made this hospital room look like a palace room. He intimidate me at same time, it was hard to keep eye contact with him.

"I wanted to talk to you about the case," He stated as he wrote things down on his paper.

"Yeah, what happened to that we will see each other until the trial,"