No Control 1

Spam with comments, ily!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith's POV

This is one of the rare times my heart beat accelerates for feeling something other than anger.

No, I'd memorized that emotion and what it does to my body all too well. This is different. This is something I struggled with at first but now am very happy I accepted into my life.

I nuzzle my face deeper into Lance's chest and let his scent completely fill my lungs and cloud my thoughts. I exhale a long breath, smiling into him as his arm hangs around my shoulder to keep me in place. He mindlessly plays with my small ponytail and it sends shivers down my spine.

I hear him arguing with Pidge about wether aliens hatch from eggs or are conceived like us, and he seems to agree with the former option.

Being the humble conspiracy theorist and alien expert I am, I decide not to correct him or side with Pidge. Instead, my eyes flick over to a silent Hunk.

He has his half-empty plate of food beside him and his phone in his hands but his gaze rested on me. It was soft, pleasant and fatherly.

Looking at him, I let out a quiet sound of happiness that consists of me blowing hot air onto Lance's shirt who now turns his attention to me.

" Someone's enjoying this, aren't they?" He whispers and I look up to meet his ocean blues.

" Considering what we went through, I have the right to enjoy it." I state.

" Oh, of course. I'm enjoying it as well," Lance smirks and leans down to ear-level.

" I'm just saying I would enjoy something else way more. I can't wait to hear the last bell."

Why does he say things like that?

I feel heat rise to my cheeks and I am rendered silent, my lips unable to form words. I glance at our friends and am grateful to see they busied themselves with small talk and food.

Lance laughs at me and that's when I know he's doing it on purpose.

I finally breathe normally again and sit up, unhook his arm from around me and grab a spoon to start eating.

As if his covered arm glued to mine isn't enough physical contact for him, he places his warm hand on my thigh.

I mentally scold myself for jolting at the touch and quickly compose my figure. After taking the first bite, I put my cold hand over his larger one.

Sometimes, Lance needs physical contact and that's okay. He craves the reassurance that I'm still here and that I still care about him.

My thumb traces his smooth skin and I intertwine our fingers while smiling. His face shows a pleasant surprise and the side of his mouth curls up.

I wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

We resume eating and the subject of aliens is brought up again. This time, I side with Pidge and give Lance a series of theories and proof which he totally disregards and waves off.

We playfully argue about it and I end up smacking his hand away to which he frowns and makes the puppy eyes at me.

When everyone is quiet and looking around the cafeteria, Hunk mentions graduation, making us all frown.